Police are searching for four men in Bentley, near Doncaster, after an armed robbery.
The four broke into a house in North Swaithe Close just after midnight on Friday 27 February threatening those inside the property with what are believed to be pieces of wood and a knife.
They then fled the scene after stealing high value items, including an item of jewellery worn by one of the victims and a safe.
Detective Constable Helaine Hardy said: “This was a vicious and nasty incident that has caused serious distress and fear.
“The residents were left terrified by the actions of this group and we would ask that anyone with information comes forward and assists with our enquiries.”
A man who stood in front of an oncoming train on railway tracks in South Yorkshire has been jailed for 16 weeks.
Nathan Barker, 21 admitted obstructing the railway at the station near his home in Bentley on Tuesday 18th March.
CCTV footage shows Barker, who was under the influence of drink and drugs, getting down onto the tracks and waiting there for several minutes.
The driver of the Doncaster to Leeds service had to slam on his brakes after he spotted Barker on the tracks, stopping just feet in front of him.
Sergeant Steve Down, of British Transport Police, said:
"Baker’s behaviour can only be described as senseless. Not only were his actions extremely dangerous but they also caused 12 trains to be delayed for over 90 minutes, costing the rail industry hundreds of pounds and inconveniencing the travelling public."
CCTV images of three teenagers have been released after a racially motivated verbal attack.
It happened on 10 September 2012 at a takeaway in Bentley, Doncaster.
A 24-year-old man was working at the takeaway when it is alleged the three teens started being abusive. He refused to serve them and it is then that they began hurling racial insults at him.
The three teens are described as white and between the ages of 16 and 17.
Police say the man who died on Sunday morning after being found collapsed in Bentley with head injuries was Karl Smith. Detectives say the 25 year old, who lived in the area, had been to The Drum pub on Saturday evening where he's believed to have been involved in an altercation.
Post-mortem tests on Karl's body have so far failed to reveal why he died and a further examination will now be carried out. An 18 year old man, who also lives nearby and has been questioned on suspicion of murder, has now been released on bail.