Calderdale Police have released the name of a man they would like to speak to in connection with an assault.
40-year-old Michael Patrick Scully from Halifax is wanted by police in connection with the offence, which occurred in the Illingworth area in the early hours of Thursday.
He is white, about 5ft 11ins tall and of stocky build with short light brown hair.
He is believed to have connections to the Illingworth area.
Detective Inspector Craig Lord, of Calderdale District CID, said:
"We have undertaken numerous enquiries to locate this man and our officers continue to actively pursue every line of enquiry to trace him.
"He is not believed to pose a risk to the general public, but we would urge anyone who knows where he might be, not to approach him and contact Calderdale CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111."
A teenage boy has been convicted of sexual assault on a girl under 13 in Rastrick near Huddersfield. The boy who was 13 at the time of the offence in July 2013 but now aged 14 cannot be named for legal reasons.
He was given a two-year conditional discharge and must also register with the police as a sex offender for the same period. Charges against four other boys were dropped.
Judge Potter indicated that the activity had involved “two people of tender age experimenting in sexual activity”.
The annual Rushbearing Festival at Sowerby Bridge has been taking place this weekend. Its origins lie in the tradition of carrying fresh rushes to church to put on the beaten earth floor – few events survive today because most churches lost their festivities when they improved their flooring.
It begins with rushes being piled high on a special rushcart – the thatching process takes over a week but is complete by Saturday morning. The decorated cart parades its way around the local villages accompanied by morris men, mummers and other entertainers. On Sunday, the special Rushbearing Service is held at St Peter’s Church at Sowerby from 10.30 followed by another procession and more dancing through the day.
Five boys aged either 13 or 14 have been charged with the rape of a child under 13.
It happened in Calderdale in July last year.
"Five boys aged 13, 13, 14, 14 and 14 have all been charged with rape of a child under 13. Two of them have been charged with two counts of rape of a child under 13, one has been charged with one count of rape of a child under 13 and sexual assault of a child under 13. The other two have been charged with one count of rape of a child under 13. The charges relate to two incidents involving the same victim in the Calderdale area in July 2013.
All five have been released on bail. They'll appear at Calderdale Youth Court on August 20th.
Police in Calderdale are appealing for a woman who rang the Calderdale NHS 111 number and called herself Sarah to come forward.
A call came in at 4.22pm on Thursday 8 May.
'Sarah' was clearly in distress, alleging that she had been the victim of a crime and had taken a large amount of tablets.
Since then police have been trying to trace the woman, who said she was in Sowerby Bridge, to check on her welfare.
It is vital that we find 'Sarah' as soon as possible so we can make sure she is OK or get her any medical attention she may need. Officers are currently out looking for her but it is a very big area to search and we don't have a great deal of information on which to go on. We need her, or anyone who knows her to come forward immediately. We will give 'Sarah' any help or advice she needs and ensure she gets any necessary medical attention but we need her to get in contact.
Hundreds of protestors packed a leisure centre in Halifax today to demand the NHS re-thinks plans to close Calderdale Royal Hospital's A&E department. Campaigners say the move could cost lives. Helen Steel reports.
Hundreds of protestors have packed into Nothbridge Leisure Centre in Halifax to show their opposition to plans to close Calderdale's A & E. Halifax MP Linda Riordan said she wants to send a clear message to health bosses of the strength of feeling against the proposed changes.
"Plans to close Calderdale's A&E unit have not been finalised - and will be discussed with members of the public, according to the commissioning group tasked with finding £50m in savings.
A protest against the possible closure will take place this afternoon at the North Bridge Leisure Centre.
We welcome the views of local people on the possible way forward for health and social care across Calderdale and Greater Huddersfield. "We are keen to hear people's views about the future wherever and however they are expressed. This will help to identify the real options for change which will be subject to a full public consultation later this year.
"We have been working with and listening to patients and local people for almost two years which has shaped the overall direction of travel towards more and better services being provided in or close to people's homes.
"Over the coming few months we will be rolling out our own engagement programme which will include dozens of meetings with a range of interested groups, roadshows and drop-in sessions with health and social care professionals."
A huge crowd is expected to turn out today for a protest against plans to close Calderdale's A&E.
Halifax MP Linda Riordan has called for residents to “come out in force” at what she calls the "biggest issue facing Halifax since the banking crisis threatened to rip the heart out of the town".
The plans have been put forward by an NHS commissioning group - the West and South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Commissioning Support Unit.
The proposals include options to downgrade either Halifax or Huddersfield’s casualty service - but downgrading Calderdale Royal Hospital's service is the preferred option.
Campaigners took their fight to save accident and emergency services in Halifax to the streets today. They walked 20 miles from Todmorden to Huddersfield.
That's the distance they say some in the Calder Valley would have to travel to receive emergency care if plans to downgrade A and E in Halifax go ahead. Chris Kiddey reports.