Detectives investigating the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence have tonight released a 46-year-old local man who they had arrested earlier in the day on suspicion of perverting the course of justice. The man has been released on police bail pending further enquiries. A 59-year-old man arrested on 13 May 2014 on suspicion of murdering Claudia Lawrence remains on police bail while enquires continue.
The father of Claudia Lawrence hopes today's arrest of a 46-year-old man by police investigating her disappearance "is another vital piece in the jigsaw", his spokesman said.
Peter remains very grateful for all the hard work that North Yorkshire Police are continuing to put in to finding Claudia.
It is to be hoped that this is another vital piece in the jigsaw of information that needs to come in to the police: it is much better if people volunteer information than wasting valuable police time in them having to find it out for themselves and then come looking for people.
Police investigating the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence have been searching a pub in York since early this morning.
Several police vehicles containing dog handlers and specialist teams have been searching the Acomb which is around 3 miles from where Miss Lawrence lived.
Miss Lawrence was last seen on 18 March 2009 after leaving work at the city's university.
Police in York investigating the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence have arrested a man on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
The 46-year-old man is currently being interviewed in custody while searches and forensic enquiries are conducted in relation to the investigation.
A 59-year-old man arrested in May remains on police bail as enquiries continue.
North Yorkshire Police say the 59-year-old man arrested last month on suspicion of murdering Claudia Lawrence has been re-bailed while further police enquires are made.
Officers say nobody has been charged in connection with the disappearance of the York chef.
Calendar can reveal that police investigating the suspected murder of Claudia Lawrence have completed their searches of two houses connected to a former university technician who was arrested last week.
59-year-old Michael Snelling was arrested and questioned for more than a day on suspicion of murdering Claudia who disappeared in 2009. He was released on police bail.
North Yorkshire officers have been searching his home in the Burnholme area of York and another house in North Shields since he was arrested. Now the cordon has been lifted around both properties.
A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said enquiries have been completed at both addresses.
The doors at Mr Snelling's home remain boarded up.
Police have cordoned off the semi-detached home of 59-year-old Michael Snelling, the man they arrested last week on suspicion of the murder of York University chef Claudia Lawrence.
Mr Snelling was released on police bail after a day of questioning by detectives investigating the disappearance and suspected murder of Miss Lawrence in March 2009. Last week forensic specialists searched Mr Snelling's home and garden in York and also another property in North Shields.
Mr Snelling's home is now cordoned off with police tape and a police incident support van is parked on his drive.
Forensic searches of a house in York by police investigating the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence continued into a fourth day today.
Police are also still examining a house almost a hundred miles away at North Shields on Tyneside.
Chris Kiddey has the latest:
Forensics teams have continued their search of a house in York as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence.
Last night a 59 year old man who lives at the house was released on bail after being arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of murder. Chris Kiddey reports.
Forensic teams are continuing to search a house in North Shields in connection with the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence.