Police have released new pictures taken in Claudia's home and images of a man they're hoping to trace in connection with her disappearance
A new forensic search of the home of missing York chef Claudia Lawrence starts today as detectives launch a fresh review of the case.
North Yorkshire Police have issued a statement following a meeting between Chief Constable Dave Jones and the father of Claudia Lawrence.
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Mason, of North Yorkshire Police, says the new forensic investigations at Claudia Lawrence's home will be helped as the house has not been occupied since her disappearance.
Police are back on duty outside Claudia Lawrence's home in York as a forensic team prepares to search the house once again.
Experts will spend two weeks looking for clues which may lead them to solve the mystery of what happened to her.
Claudia, who was aged 35, has not been seen since Wednesday March 18 2009 when she finished her shift for the day at the University of York.
Detectives overseeing the new forensic searches of Claudia Lawrence's home four-and-a-half years after she vanished, say there is no "smoking gun" or breakthrough in the case. But for her family, the new review offers hope that the mystery of what happened to her may be solved.
Her parents, Peter and Joan Lawrence have been calling for a new investigation and met with North Yorkshire's new Chief Constable Dave Jones in recent weeks. Two earlier reviews of the case were carried out by the National Policing Improving Agency (NPIA) in 2009 and 2010.
Earlier this year, North Yorkshire Police said:"Their (the NPIA) report concluded that the investigation had been conducted with integrity and objectivity...and that, where individuals had been subject to investigation, no opportunities had been overlooked."
North Yorkshire Police said today it will review its investigation into the disappearance of the York chef Claudia Lawrence. Detectives believe she has been murdered - but her body has never been found.
The news that the case is to be reviewed by the force's new major crime unit - four years after she went missing - has been welcomed by her father. Chris Kiddey reports.
The father of missing York chef Claudia Lawrence will be speaking out later today.
Peter Lawrence will report back on a meeting he's had with North Yorkshire's new Chief Constable Dave Jones on force's continuing search for her.
Thirty five year old Claudia hasn't been seen since she disappeared from her home in York more than four years ago
The father of missing York chef Claudia Lawrence will today reveal details of his first meeting with the new Chief Constable of North Yorkshire , Dave Jones.
It will mark 40,000 hours since Claudia last made contact with anybody in March 2009.
The father of missing York chef Claudia Lawrence has welcomed the news that The Presumption of Death Act for England & Wales has now received Royal Assent. It means that for the first time there is now a Presumption of Death Act available to those who need it in all parts of the United Kingdom.
Peter Lawrence who, with the charity Missing People, has spearheaded the campaign for better rights for the families of those missing, said:
"I am delighted that the Presumption of Death Bill has received given the Royal Assent. It will, when brought into force, help enormously those families who have previously struggled to officially establish the death of a loved one who has been missing.
For those many families, such as mine, who still have hope, I will continue to campaign for the right to deal with and preserve assets."
The Missing Rights campaign continues to seek the introduction of Guardianship laws which will help thousands of families when someone goes missing for a short period of time: it would enable relatives to keep the affairs of the missing person in order in their absence.
When approached by Calendar, a spokesman said: "North Yorkshire Police invited the National Policing Improvement Agency to conduct a second voluntary review of the investigation in 2010.
"Their report concluded that the investigation had been conducted with integrity and objectivity and that, where individuals had been subject to investigation, no investigative opportunities had been overlooked.
"The reviewers noted that good practice was evident in the investigation and that those strategies reviewed conformed to nationally approved standards."
See the interview on Calendar tonight at 6pm.