A civilian police worker from Leeds accused of killing her mother by gross negligence has told a jury she "loved her dearly."
A motorist who caused the death of a six-year-old boy while driving too fast has admitted failing to stop at the scene.
A driver who has been warned he faces a prison sentence after he admitted causing the death of a six-year-old boy is up in court again.
The Bradford Batman was in court today - minus his costume.
Stan Worby was at the City Magistrates Court for the case of his friend who he handed over to police. Daniel Frayne admitted trying to cash a stolen cheque.
Two mental health unit workers have appeared in court charged with mistreating patients in Doncaster. Care assistant Julie Burge and physiotherapy assistant Michael Barnard are accused of the ill-treatment and wilful neglect of patients at the Solar Centre in St Catherine's Hospital.
Barnard, 49, faces eight charges and Burge, 48, is charged with three offences between January 1 2005 and March 8 2007. Care assistants Susan Murphy, 43, and James Hinds, 59, appeared before the same court last month also charged with ill-treatment and wilful neglect.
The charges relate to 18 patients at the centre. All four defendants will appear before magistrates for a committal hearing on October 26.
Sheffield United and footballer Ched Evans has lost the first stage of his appeal against his rape conviction, his lawyers said. The 23-year-old striker was jailed for five years in April for raping a 19-year-old woman in a hotel room.
A spokesman for law firm Brabners Chaffe Street in Manchester said they had received notification from the Court of Appeal that the judge had refused Evans' application for leave to appeal against his conviction.
Evans was found guilty of raping the woman at a hotel in North Wales last May. He admitted having sex with her, but the woman told the jury that she had no memory of the incident - and the prosecution argued that she was too drunk to consent to sexual intercourse.
The sentencing of a man for causing death by dangerous driving after knocking down a boy in Wakefield has been adjourned. 6 year old Owen Wightman was killed in Kettlethorpe after being hit by a car driven by 22-year-old Peter Renshaw.
The sentencing will take place on Thursday 6 June as Judge Geoffrey Marson QC is ill. Peter Renshaw has been bailed and warned that if he fails to turn up for the next appearance he will be sentenced in his absence and a warrant will be put out for his arrest.
The driver who killed a six year old boy when he was travelling at almost twice the speed limit has admitted** **leaving the scene of the fatal collision.
Peter Renshaw ran Owen Wightman over last year as he was crossing the road with a friend in Wakefield.
A motorist who caused the death of a six-year-old boy while driving at almost twice the speed limit has admitted he failed to stop at the scene in West Yorkshire.
Peter Renshaw, 22, had already admitted causing the death by dangerous driving of Owen Wightman, who was crossing a road near his home in Wakefield last June. More follows.
Peter Renshaw, who ran over and killed six year old Owen Wightman, has appeared in court today. He killed Owen when he was travelling at almost twice the speed limit through a residential area near Wakefield.