The funerals of two girls who were among five teenagers killed in a car crash in South Yorkshire will be held in Doncaster today. The service for
16-year-old Megan Storey and Jordanna Goodwin, also 16, will be held at the Salvation Army Hall in the town later this morning. They died along with three other present and former pupils of Danum School on the A630 at Conisbrough.
Yesterday it was the funeral for Bartosz Bortniczak - who used to attend the school and still had close links.
The headteacher Rebecca Staples told Calendar there are alternatives for those pupils who didn't want to go to the funerals:
The first of five funerals for the teenagers who were killed in a crash in South Yorkshire last week was held today Monday November 24, 2014.
The service for Bartosz Bortniczak who was eighteen was held in Doncaster. He died along with four others on the A630 at Conisbrough.
Pupils and teachers from his former school, Danum Academy were among the mourners.
The academy is also preparing for the funerals of the other victims who were still at the school. David Hirst reports.
Hundreds gathered to pay their respects today at the funeral of one of the five Doncaster teenagers killed in an horrific car crash. The service for 18-year-old Bartosz Bortniczak took place at the town's main Catholic Church. David Hirst reports.
Hundreds of school pupils turned out to pay their respects at the funeral of Bartosz Bortniczak at St Peter in Chains Roman Catholic Church in Doncaster this morning
Bartosz, 18 , was one of five teenagers killed in a car crash on Balby Road at Conisbrough in South Yorkshire on November 15.
A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
The funerals of the other four victims will take place throughout the week
Books of condolences for a community to grieve for the five teenagers killed in a car crash in South Yorkshire have closed this afternoon.
The friends died following a collision in Conisbrough a week ago. The books at Doncaster Mansion House closed this afternoon. One at the Minster remains open until November 30th.
Police searching for a missing man from Doncaster have found a body.
Anthony Fairlamb was reported missing on Thursday November 20, 2014.
Police were called to Sandall Park in Doncaster following reports that the body of a 32-year-old man had been found.
Formal identification is yet to take place but police believe the body to be Mr Fairlamb. His family have been informed.
There are no suspicious circumstances and police are not looking for anyone else in connection to his death.
Police are searching for a man who has not been seen since leaving his Doncaster home yesterday. Anthony Fairlamb, 32, was last seen leaving his home in West Street, Doncaster, at around 12.05pm and has not been seen or heard from since. Anthony is white, of thin build, 5ft 8ins tall, with dark brown hair, and was last seen wearing a hooded black top, black jeans and carrying a grey and black checked rucksack. It is known that Anthony likes open spaces and travels by foot and public transport. Anyone with information about Anthony’s whereabouts is urged to call South Yorkshire Police on 101.
Friends of the five teenagers killed in a crash in South Yorkshire tonight payed their own kind of tribute to them.
The five were all in the same car which crashed near Doncaster at the weekend. Today books of condolence have been opened in the town.
One of those killed Blake Cairns was a member of a local scooter club and his friends have got together to remember him. Tina Gelder reports.
The Mayor of Doncaster says people in the area are still in shock after the death of five teenagers in a car crash on Saturday.
Books of condolence opened today at Mansion House and Doncaster Minster.
Ros Jones said they can give grieving friends and family a place to reflect: