Jake Livermore, who joined from Spurs in 2014, has made 25 appearances for Hull this season and 104 in total.Read the full story ›
The inquest into the Tunisia beach massacre has been shown CCTV and heard more details of the gun attack, including how reports of a second gunman may have been sparked by a speedboat driver who tried to confront attacker Seifeddine Rezgui.
Rezgui had thrown a grenade at an armed guard who opened fire on him as the extremist entered the Imperial Marhaba hotel from the beach with an automatic weapon, the hearing at London's Royal Courts of Justice was told.
Samantha Leek QC, counsel to the inquest, said the guard fell to the ground "seemingly unconscious" at which point the local speedboat driver, named as AI, picked his gun up and attempted to confront Rezgui but could not work the weapon as the attacker continued to claim a total of 38 lives.
Ms Leek said Rezgui was thought to have acted alone on the beach having been dropped off by an accomplice.
The inquest was shown CCTV of a white Peugeot van dropping the gunman off then driving away before Rezgui - hiding his weapon in a parasol - opened fire.
A shuttle bus which runs between Bridlington and Scarborough Hospitals will be axed at the end of this month.
There was a campaign to save the free service when health bosses said last year that they couldn't afford to keep running it.
It was taken over by East Riding council, who started charging passengers, but they have now said not enough people are using it.
Tunisian police "deliberately and unjustifiably" delayed their arrival to the scene of the Sousse terrorist attack in which 30 Britons were killed, the inquest into the June 2015 massacre has heard.
Samantha Leek QC, counsel to the inquest, said a report by Tunisian Judge Akremi had identified failings by local units that could have ended the slaughter earlier.
Police arrived and shot extremist Seifeddine Rezgui Yacoubi dead after he had claimed the lives of 38 tourists on the beach outside the five-star Riu Imperial Marhaba Hotel.
The hearing packed with relatives of the victims at the Royal Courts of Justice in London heard an unnamed interior minister had told the judge some Tunisian security officers stalled on purpose.
He said the units that should have intervened in the events deliberately and unjustifiably slowed down to delay their arrival at the hotel.
They had the ability to put an end to the attack before the police arrived but wasted a considerable amount of time in getting to the hotel.
A minute's silence has been held at the reopening of the inquest into the Tunisia terror attacks.
Thirty-eight people were killed when terrorist Seifeddine Rezgui opened fire in the popular resort of Port El Kantaoui, Sousse, in June 2015.
The hearing will examine what happened to the 30 Britons who died in the atrocities.
The families of 30 British tourists killed in 2015's terrorist attack on a beach in Tunisia have arrived at London's Royal Courts of Justice for the inquest into their deaths.
The inquest will attempt to determine how much the UK government and travel firms knew about the risk of an attack on tourists holidaying in the area.
Some 38 people were killed when Islamist gunman Seifeddine Rezgui opened fire in the popular resort of Port El Kantaoui, Sousse, in June 2015.
A wanted man has been arrested after escaping onto the roof of a property in Hull.
A police cordon was put in place in the Cyprus Street area soon after 5.30pm on Sunday (15 January), after the man climbed on top of the building.
He remained on the roof for more than five hours, before the incident was brought to a 'safe conclusion' shortly after 11pm.
Incident in Cyprus St, Hull, was brought to safe conclusion at just after 11pm. The man came off roof, was arrested + remains in custody
Inquests into the deaths of the 30 Britons killed in the Tunisia beach attack of 2015 will begin today.Read the full story ›
A couple who were found guilty of child cruelty after the death of Poppy Widdison will be sentenced in Hull this morning. The 4-year-old died from a cardiac arrest in 2013, after being fed a cocktail of drugs.
Poppy's mother Michaela Pyke and her former partner John Rytting have been told to expect 'substantial' prison sentences.
Gas supplies have been restored to Withernsea after an outage that lasted 28 hours left 3,000 homes without heating. Engineers with Northern Gas Networks have repaired the network and the pipework system now has gas flowing again.
The firm says householders can start using gas again, following the instructions in the following guide that it has issued.
Make sure all the gas appliances in the property are turned off (boiler, cooker, fire, and so on) before you try to turn the gas supply back on.
Open some doors and windows in your property for ventilation. Turn on your gas supply − give the emergency control valve (a spanner-style handle close to the gas meter) a quarter turn in either direction, setting it in line with the gas pipe. Some pipes have yellow tape to help guide you. There may be a slight hissing noise as the meter re-pressurises.
If you smell gas, turn the emergency control valve off again and call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999 immediately. Do not try to turn any appliances back on.
If you cannot smell gas, continue with the following steps.
Turn on your gas appliances one at a time according to the manufacturer’s instructions (many boilers and fires will have instructions on the inside of a drop-down flap near the controls). Start with your gas hob if you have one. It may take a little longer than usual for the gas to reach appliances and light.
If you successfully turn on your gas supply and gas appliances, you don’t need to do anything else.
If you cannot turn your emergency control valve on, or you are having difficulty turning your appliances back on, you must turn everything off again (including the emergency control valve) and call us for help on 0800 040 7766 followed by option 5.