Detectives hunting Shahid Mohammed over a fire that caused the deaths of three generations of a family have released a new image of him.
Police hunting a man wanted over a fire that caused the deaths of three generations of a Huddersfield family release new information.
A 12 week public consultation exercise on radical plans to reform fire cover across West Yorkshire has been launched today.
Police are appealing for information after a fire at a building in the centre of Sheffield.
At around 6.30am on Friday, 19 April, officers received reports of fire at an unoccupied commercial building on Johnson Street, Sheffield.
Enquiries are ongoing into the circumstances surrounding the fire, and no arrests have been made so far.
Police have released a CCTV image of two men they would like to speak to, as it is believed that they may hold vital information that may assist with the investigation.
Anyone with any information about the incident, or who can assist in identifying the men pictured, should contact South Yorkshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 119 of 19 April 2013. Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Rescue services are staging a three day exercise at their headquarters in Sunderland.
They have simulated a major disaster to test their response, as Derek Proud reports.
You can watch his full report below.
A Sheffield man needed hospital treatment for smoke inhalation after a fire in his flat in the early hours of Friday morning. Fire crews were called to the 3rd floor Cambridge Court flat, on Carver Street, at 12.50am. They found the bedroom in which the blaze started severely damaged.
Firefighters in breathing apparatus put the fire out and ventilated the rest of the property, which was filled with smoke.
A second flat, across the hallway, was also full of smoke, and firefighters' instructions helped the occupant to get himself to the front door and out to safety.
He did not suffer any injuries. Fire crews believe the fire started accidentally, caused by a lit candle which fell onto the floor.
Firefighters are continuing to fight a blaze at the Sheffield Ski Village.
South Yorkshire Fire Service received a call at 8.20pm - and have received 131 calls since.
It's expected crews will remain at the scene throughout the night.
A fire has broken out tonight at Sheffield Ski Village.
There are three fire engines at the scene, and South Yorkshire Fire Service say they do not know whether the fire will be put out tonight.
They have so far received 132 calls about the blaze.
It comes after it was revealed the village is unlikely ever to re-open, as its owners are unable to get insurance following arson attacks, vandalism and theft.
The ski complex has stood at Parkwood Springs for the last 25 years - but it was destroyed in a blaze last April.
The blaze was recorded as accidental, but has been followed by repeated arson attacks.
Firefighers were called out to Doncaster Prison last night after a blaze broke out in a cell.
Crews from Doncaster and Edlington Fire Stations were sent to the Marshgate jail at 7.10pm, but found the flames were out when they arrived.
Officers believe the blaze was started deliberately.
Three elderly people were taken to hospital after a blaze which destroyed a sixth floor flat in the Burmantofts area of Leeds. The fire broke out at Shakespeare Grange just before 11pm last night.
Fire crews in Lincolnshire have attending a blaze at a recycling plant in Ancaster. 35 fire fighters helped tackle flames and have been working with Mid UK Recycling to extinguish it. The material burning is approximately 550 tonnes of recycled carpet.
The Health Protection Agency has advised people living nearby to stay indoors and close their doors and windows as a precautionary measure. Anyone experiencing breathing issues because of the smoke should call NHS Direct or their local GP.
Mid UK Recycling would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and are doing everything they can to bring the incident to a rapid conclusion.
Shipley has lost one its landmark buildings after a fire swept through a former art deco cinema dating back to the 1930s.
The disused building was last used as a bingo hall. It was so badly damaged it was in danger of collapse and needed to be demolished. The work has closed one of the main roads in the town all day.