There is major disruption on Northern trains between Leeds-York, and Leeds-Selby this morning due to a broken down freight train at Cross Gates.
Delays of up to 20 minutes have been reported, with cancellations on services according to the railway service provider.
Disruption is expected to remain in place until 9.15am.
The following alterations will apply:
- Trains from Leeds towards Cross Gates are unable to run.
- Trains may be able to divert via Woodlesford and Castleford.
- Some trains are not able to divert so may be cancelled or amended.
- Trains towards Leeds from Cross Gates are able to run but delays and cancellations can be expected.
Advice for Northern customers:
- Road transport has been requested to run between Leeds and Selby / York however, there is no estimate for when this will be available.
- Your ticket will be accepted on TransPennine Express and CrossCountry services from Leeds to York.
The road will be closed while Network Rail replaces a subway beneath Starbeck level crossingRead the full story ›
A police officer in North Yorkshire has tweeted a picture of what looks like 'Darth Vader on a Sinclair C5' riding through Harrogate.
The photo was taken close to Thruscross Reservoir.
Harrogate Flower Show begins today - with thousands of visitors expected to pass through the gates over the next four days.Read the full story ›
Fans will be able to visit a exhibition celebrating Agatha Christie at the hotel where she was found after her mysterious disappearanceRead the full story ›
Around 1,000 cyclists gathered outside Sydney Opera House for the Ride for Mike.Read the full story ›
Tributes have been paid to the Harrogate endurance cyclist Mike Hall, who's been killed during a 3,500 mile road race in Australia.
Organisers of the Indian Pacific Wheel race said the 35-year-old died after being hit by a car on a highway south of Australia's capital Canberra.
Today they called his death "a great loss to the global cycling community" and cancelled the event out of respect. David Hirst reports.
Jonathan Wrather joined blind and partially sighted service veterans today on a charity walk warm-up in North YorkshireRead the full story ›
The veteran endurance cyclist who died during a race in Australia "leaves an incredible legacy" and will be "sorely missed"Read the full story ›
Costumes from the hit ITV programme are part of an exhibition celebrating the stately home's connections with Queen VictoriaRead the full story ›