Visitors flock to Harrogate for the Great Yorkshire Show despite the rain.Read the full story ›
Around 130,000 people are expected to attend one of the region's biggest agricultural events which gets underway in Harrogate today.Read the full story ›
The Great Yorkshire Show features the best of British farming and is England’s premier agricultural show.Read the full story ›
A martial arts expert is travelling to the home of Tae Kwon Do next week to represent North Yorkshire in a prestigious competition.Read the full story ›
Wholesale delivery company Palmer & Harvey has partnered with UK charity Missing People to display appeals for missing children.Read the full story ›
14 year old Evie Mills from Harrogate has thanked two strangers who stayed with her when she was seriously hurt in the Manchester bombing.Read the full story ›
There is major disruption on Northern trains between Leeds-York, and Leeds-Selby this morning due to a broken down freight train at Cross Gates.
Delays of up to 20 minutes have been reported, with cancellations on services according to the railway service provider.
Disruption is expected to remain in place until 9.15am.
The following alterations will apply:
- Trains from Leeds towards Cross Gates are unable to run.
- Trains may be able to divert via Woodlesford and Castleford.
- Some trains are not able to divert so may be cancelled or amended.
- Trains towards Leeds from Cross Gates are able to run but delays and cancellations can be expected.
Advice for Northern customers:
- Road transport has been requested to run between Leeds and Selby / York however, there is no estimate for when this will be available.
- Your ticket will be accepted on TransPennine Express and CrossCountry services from Leeds to York.
The road will be closed while Network Rail replaces a subway beneath Starbeck level crossingRead the full story ›
A police officer in North Yorkshire has tweeted a picture of what looks like 'Darth Vader on a Sinclair C5' riding through Harrogate.
The photo was taken close to Thruscross Reservoir.
Harrogate Flower Show begins today - with thousands of visitors expected to pass through the gates over the next four days.Read the full story ›