Ben Mansford has quit Barnsley to become Leeds United's new chief executive.
The 36 year old former agent had been CEO at Barnsley for the previous three seasons. He last saw the club promoted to the Championship and win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
Ben Mansford said: "I'm absolutely delighted to be joining Leeds United as their Chief Executive. Leeds is a city I know well and, throughout my career in football, I've experienced the atmosphere at Elland Road and the fantastic supporters the Club has.
The chance to work to take this Club forward was one I had to take. I'd like to thank Patrick Cryne at Barnsley for the opportunity and support he has given me. What we achieved last year was nothing short of incredible and will forever live in the memory. "
Leeds owner Massimo Cellino said "I am very pleased to be welcoming Ben to Leeds United to join our expanding management team. It is important that we continue to grow our Football Club on and off the pitch, and I believe that Ben has the skills required to help us achieve our targets. He did a fantastic job at Barnsley and has an excellent reputation in the game."
Leeds United have appointed Spaniard Pep Clotet as assistant to new head coach Garry Monk.
Clotet, 39, was also number two when Monk was in charge of Swansea City.
He has previously coached in his homeland and Sweden and was linked with the head coach's job at Brentford last November.
Lucy Ward, who worked as the club's education and welfare officer, told a tribunal that owner Massimo Cellino creates a 'toxic environment'.Read the full story ›
2/2 but after he arrived and "observed the number of press" he felt "unable" to stay and left the building before proceedings had begun
Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has failed to give evidence at a hearing to decide the level of compensation to be paid to a former employee who he unfairly dismissed.
Lucy Ward worked as the club's education and welfare officer and successfully argued she was sacked because she was the partner of former head coach Neil Redfearn.
The club denied any wrong doing but an employment judge ruled chairman Massimo Cellino had instructed for her to be sacked and that she had been the victim of sex discrimination.
United claimed Ms Ward "repeatedly failed to work on a Wednesday", but she responded she worked from home on that day and her working pattern was "well-known" and agreed with her line manager.
She said Mr Cellino decided to sack her because she and Mr Redfearn came as "a pair".
The judge agreed with Ms Ward's legal team that the club had taken a "sexist" view and ruled the reasons for her dismissal were "a sham".
Ms Ward earlier told the tribunal she was "treated like a piece of meat" in the way she was dismissed.
Man of Steel Zak Hardaker is set to leave Leeds after the Rhinos placed the full-back on the transfer list.Read the full story ›
Garry Monk has been officially appointed as the new head coach at Leeds United.
The 37-year-old former Swansea City manager becomes the seventh man to take it on since Leeds' Italian owner Massimo Cellino took control at Elland Road a little over two years ago.
But some fans are already asking - how long will he last?
Click below to watch John Shires' report on another managerial unveiling at Elland Road
Leeds United announce they've appointed Garry Monk as their new head coach on a one-year dealRead the full story ›
Bristol Rovers have announced manager Darrell Clarke will remain at the club for the next three years.
There has been speculation all week that Darrell might be leaving following an approach by Leeds United to take him to Elland Road.
The new deal will make him the highest paid manager in the club's history.
Leeds fans' group Time To Go Massimo plan to park an advertisement van with a huge 'For Sale' sign outside Elland Road.Read the full story ›
Leeds United have agreed to a secret settlement of its £5m-plus High Court battle with former kit-suppliers Macron SPA.The Italian company sued for damages after the club decided to end their shirt-making agreement in 2014.
At the time it was signed in 2011, the six-year deal was the longest in English football history. But Bologna-based Macron said the club had no right to terminate the contract without paying a fee.
It claimed £2.1m which it said it was owed under the contract and up to another £3.5m damages for future losses.
The Championship club disputed the claim and was due to fight it in a trial at the High Court in London this week.
However after last minute talks out of court, the parties agreed to a settlement which resulted in the trial being called off.In a ten-second hearing this morning, Mr Justice Hickinbottom was told the settlement would be kept confidential.