City of Lincoln Council and Lincolnshire County Council have both announced that further cuts to their funding have been made by Central Government.
City of Lincoln Council says it is facing a 16% reduction in the money it has to spend for next year compared to last.
Meanwhile Lincolnshire County Council says it expects to receive around 14% less funding than last year. Both councils say they were expecting the cuts and intend to protect frontline services where possible.
A public inquiry is to be held by the Department of Transport next spring into the future of the Lincoln Eastern Bypass.
£50 million of Government money has been set aside to pay for the bypass, but progress on it was held up earlier this year due to safety concerns about the location of a footbridge over the new road.
Plans to move the bridge were given the go ahead in October meaning the inquiry can now begin to consider granting orders for building the bypass.
A group of councillors have recommended a ban on so-called legal highs in the centre of Lincoln. If approved next year - it'd be the first place in the country to bring in the ban.
“We are grateful to everyone who took part in the consultation and to the representatives who spoke at committee, highlighting the issues that these new psychoactive substances can cause."
“It’s clear there is a significant problem we need to address in order to ensure this problem is not allowed to grow. We have recommended to the council’s Executive that the proposed PSPO be introduced and reviewed after six months.”
The proposed ban will go before the Executive on January 19.
A man's been sentenced to five and a half years in jail for the knifepoint robbery of a teenager. Lee Bellamy followed his 18-year-old victim in Newport, Lincoln, on a bike and threatened to kill him if he did not hand over his wallet and phone, in July last year.
Bellamy, of Cecil Street, in Lincoln, was identified with the help of cctv and arrested and charged the next day. He denied robbery and possession of a knife but was convicted by a jury at Lincoln Crown Court.
An investigation is underway in Lincoln after the unexplained death of an 18-year-old student.
The man, who attended the University of Lincoln and is originally from the Manchester area took ill before an ambulance was called to his accommodation at Danesgate at around 3:30am this morning.
He was taken to Lincoln County Hospital where he was declared dead. Lincolnshire Police are appealing for any information which may help to identify the cause of his death.
The new footway and cycle path along Station Road in Lincoln is expected to be finished by Christmas.
Despite being only eight weeks into a 16 week programme, due to the exceptionally good weather and no unforeseen issues with utility services, the scheme has progressed ahead of schedule.
The work had forced a three-mile one-way diversion to be put in place.
Lincolnshire County Council expects that work to finish improvements along the west side of Station Road, should be complete next week. It is anticipated that the one-way traffic management currently in place along Station Road will be removed on Christmas Eve.
We are confident that subject to mild weather conditions in the run-up to Christmas, our work to install a new footway and cycle path on the west side of Station Road will be complete before Christmas.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience these works have caused, but hope that residents and businesses are reassured that as a council, we will do everything we can to conduct the works in the most cost effective and time efficient way.
Three people who were arrested in connection with a double stabbing in Lincoln have been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Officers were called to Arboretum Avenue in Lincoln just after 8pm on Monday.
Two people, a 22-year-old woman and a 36-year-old man, were taken to Lincoln County Hospital with stab wounds. The woman was treated for a puncture wound to her arm and was subsequently discharged and is now recovering at home. The man suffered two stab wounds to his abdomen and remains in hospital for treatment. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
A 19-year-old woman, a 23-year-old man and a 21-year-old man, who are all from Lincoln, who were arrested on suspicion of GBH and robbery, have now all been released on bail pending further inquiries.
A twenty one year old was arrested overnight in connection with the stabbing of a man and woman in Lincoln on Monday night.
A 19-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man, were arrested yesterday afternoon in connection with the incident.
All three, who are from Lincoln, have been arrested on suspicion of GBH and robbery and are currently in police custody where they will be interviewed by officers in due course.
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of GBH in connection with a stabbing in Lincoln. They are currently in police custody and will be interviewed by officers in due course.
Officers were called to Arboretum Avenue in Lincoln just after 8pm on Monday December 8. Two people, a 22-year-old woman and a 36-year-old man, were taken to Lincoln County Hospital with stab wounds.
The woman was treated for a puncture wound to her arm and was subsequently discharged and is now recovering at home. The man suffered two stab wounds to his abdomen and remains in hospital for treatment. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
“Two people have been arrested on suspicion of GBH in connection with the incident in Arboretum Avenue on Monday night.
"We are continuing to investigate and have been carrying out a number of enquiries, including at the scene, since Monday night.
"I know this has been worrying for residents in the area, and indeed those further afield in Lincoln, and I would like to reassure people that this type of incident is rare and we are carrying out a thorough investigation.
“Investigating officers have been working hard to investigate the exact circumstances surrounding this incident and I would still like to hear from any witnesses or anyone who has any information that may be relevant to the enquiry. Did you see or hear a disturbance in Arboretum Avenue on Monday night? Did you see or hear anything suspicious or out of place? "
Residents on a street in Lincoln have spoken of their fears after tests revealed some of their back gardens are contaminated with arsenic.
Work has begun on digging up tons of soil from dozens of homes near the city centre after the ground was found to be polluted.
Residents are being reassured there is no immediate health risk, but as Sarah Clark reports some are worried the impact it may have on the value of their property.