A new forensic search of the home of missing York chef Claudia Lawrence starts today as detectives launch a fresh review of the case.
A North Yorkshire police officer who disarmed a would-be robber during a trip to the supermarket has been nominated for an award.
Police are investigating after an historic bridleway on the North York Moors has been damaged by illegal off-roading spree by a 4x4 driver.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a man was injured while confronting an intruder in York.
The man, suffered two broken ribs when he tackled the intruder in his back garden in Horseman Lane, Copmanthorpe, at around 9am today.
Following the incident the intruder fled from the scene and officers believe he headed for the centre of Copmanthorpe.
He is described as white, late teens or early 20s, around 5ft 10in tall, with a stocky build and dark hair. He was wearing a dark grey hooded-top, jeans and white trainers.
Harrogate police investigating acts of criminal damage at children’s playgrounds in the town have released images of the vandalism.
They occurred between Friday 25 October and Monday 28 October 2013, at play areas on Camwel Terrace and Stonecrop Drive.
The vandals daubed paint on a nest swing, chains and handles of play equipment. They also tore up pieces of one of the playgrounds’ safety surfaces.
It is not known if the two incidents are connected.
A new forensic search of the home of missing university chef Claudia Lawrence is beginning as detectives launch a fresh review of the case. Chris Kiddey reports.
Four and a half years after she vanished, Claudia Lawrence's home in York is tonight sealed off as forensic experts hunt for clues which could lead them to her killer.
The home where she lived alone in York is a crime scene once more as police hope advances in forensic science could provide vital clues to what happened to her.
Claudia's family have welcomed North Yorkshire Police's new review of the mystery. We'll be hearing from Claudia's mother in a few minutes. Chris Kiddey reports on a new start to the hunt for Claudia.
Joan Lawrence, mother of missing Claudia, has been speaking to Calendar's Christine Talbot about her feelings as police start fresh forensic examinations of her daughter's house.
Police investigating the disappearance and suspected murder of the York chef Claudia Lawrence have begun a new forensic search of her house.
Experts will spend two weeks combing the property as part of a new review of the case. Calendar's Chris Kiddey reports.
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Mason, of North Yorkshire Police, says the new forensic investigations at Claudia Lawrence's home will be helped as the house has not been occupied since her disappearance.
Police are back on duty outside Claudia Lawrence's home in York as a forensic team prepares to search the house once again.
Experts will spend two weeks looking for clues which may lead them to solve the mystery of what happened to her.
Claudia, who was aged 35, has not been seen since Wednesday March 18 2009 when she finished her shift for the day at the University of York.
Detectives overseeing the new forensic searches of Claudia Lawrence's home four-and-a-half years after she vanished, say there is no "smoking gun" or breakthrough in the case. But for her family, the new review offers hope that the mystery of what happened to her may be solved.
Her parents, Peter and Joan Lawrence have been calling for a new investigation and met with North Yorkshire's new Chief Constable Dave Jones in recent weeks. Two earlier reviews of the case were carried out by the National Policing Improving Agency (NPIA) in 2009 and 2010.
Earlier this year, North Yorkshire Police said:"Their (the NPIA) report concluded that the investigation had been conducted with integrity and objectivity...and that, where individuals had been subject to investigation, no opportunities had been overlooked."