A mother whose son died after drinking plant food that she used to grow cannabis has escaped an immediate jail sentence. Lauren Booth from Huddersfield was given a 12 month jail sentence suspended for two years.
It’s hard to imagine the appalling pain and suffering this little boy endured before he died. Child neglect is abuse and at its most serious, as in this case, it can result in a fatality. It’s vital that sentences handed down send a strong message that treating children in such a cruel and inhumane way will result in very serious consequences.
– Ruth Gardner, head of strategy and development for neglect at the NSPCC
A mother from Huddersfield, whose son died after drinking toxic plant food used to grow cannabis has, escaped an immediate jail sentence.
A judge told Lauren Booth that her son Aaron's death was horrific - and preventable. But he said jailing her now would only increase the burden on taxpayers. From Bradford Crown Court Chris Kiddey reports.
Mother sentenced after son drinks cannabis plant food
A mother, whose 2 year old son died after drinking poisonous plant food used for growing cannabis, has been given a suspended jail sentence by a judge at Bradford Crown Court.
Lauren Booth, 23, from Almondbury in Huddersfield had been convicted by a jury of wilfully neglecting her son Aaron. She was given a 12 month prison sentence suspended for two years.
Aaron died in hospital eleven days after drinking the liquid.The court had heard how Aaron had not been fed that that day and was probably extremely hungry and thirsty.The toddler may have mistaken the plant food for a fruit drink.
A mother from Huddersfield is being sentenced for poisoning her son with plant food that she used to grow cannabis. Lauren Booth was found guilty of child neglect after her son Aaron died in November 2010.