The deadline for residents wanting to register to vote in the upcoming Police Crime Commissioner election is today, Wednesday 31st October, at 5pm.
Today is also the final day for people to send off postal votes too.
- The role of the PCC is to set the policing priorities in line with national and local priorities.
- All eligible voters will receive a poll card, which will include the address of the polling station.
- The deadline for residents who wish to register to vote is Wed 31 October at 5pm.
- The deadline for residents who wish to vote by post is also on Wednesday 31 October at 5pm.
- Residents who are unable to go to a Polling Station on Election Day are also able to register to vote by proxy (where someone can vote on your behalf). This deadline is at 5pm on Wed 7 November.
Lincolnshire Police today confirmed that former PCC candidate Mervyn Barrett had contacted the force about his concerns surrounding the conduct of his former campaign manager.
His campaign team came under public scrutiny after it emerged it was being led by a man who claimed to be working for an American right wing lobbying organisation.
The campaign leader said he was responsible for the European operations of the organisation, and that they supported greater involvement of the private and third sectors in policing.
East Yorkshire Council have published the final list of candidates that have been nominated for election as the police and crime commissioner for the Humberside Police area:
- Godfrey Bloom - UKIP
- Simone Butterworth - Liberal Democrats
- Paul Davison - Independent
- Neil Eyre - Independent
- Matthew Grove - Conservative Party
- John Prescott - Labour Party
- Walter Sweeney - Independent
The election will be held on Thursday, 15 November and the results counted, verified and announced on Friday, 16 November at The Spa Bridlington.
The final list of people nominated for the elected role of the South Yorkshire Police area Crime Commissioner - has been released.
- David Allen - English Democrats
- Jonathan William Arnott - UKIP
- Nigel Stuart Bonson - Conservative Party
- Robert Teal - Liberal Democrat
- Shaun Wright - Labour
Barnsley Council has released a document showing full details and their electoral areas.