The Government has hailed a "landmark victory" for its HS2 high-speed rail scheme, despite legal flaws in the consultation process.Read the full story ›
Normal services have resumed on East Coast trains between Doncaster and Kings Cross and Hull and Kings Cross, following the earlier overhead line problems on Tuesday evening. First Capital Conect continue to be affected.
Rail users are being warned to expect further delays today. It's after a major fault on the East Coast main line down to London caused problems for thousands of passengers yesterday.
Thousands of rail travellers have faced lengthy delays today after a major fault on the East Coast main line. A kilometre of overhead wiring was brought down by an engine last night.
It left two hundred Yorkshire bound passengers stranded overnight at Kings Cross station and delays for passengers which will reach into tomorrow.
- Information and advice from National Rail Enquiries
Rail passengers endured more morning misery today when an overhead line problem led to major disruption to key services.Read the full story ›
Thousands of rail commuters leaving Yorkshire for London are facing much-delayed journeys due to an electrical supply problem.
Centred on north London, the problem was last night causing hold-ups of up to 90 minutes on some journeys between London's King's Cross and Moorgate stations and Stevenage in Hertfordshire. Passengers travelling with - East Coast, First Hull and Grand Central trains - are also affected.
There are plans for a multi-million pound investment into rail improvements across the region.
Network Rail wants to create a hub in York worth £560 million to increase the number of services in the north of England by 700 services per day.
They also believe this will create 20,000 jobs and will lead to shorter journey times.
Some of the plans include:
- Doubling Dore junction and Calder Valley journey time improvement
- Electrifying the trans-Pennine route, including Selby to Micklefield, and introducing new, more reliable and faster trains connectivity to address key bottlenecks
- Leeds station new platforms to improve capacity
- Harrogate station capacity
- New turnback facility at Micklefield
- Tram Train pilot connecting to Sheffield Supertram.