Castleford have lined up Warrington half-back Gareth O'Brien as a stop-gap replacement for the suspended Rangi Chase.
The Tigers have decided not to appeal the two-match ban imposed on Chase for a reckless tackle on Leeds full-back Zak Hardaker in last Sunday's 14-12 win over the champions.
Instead, they are to acquire the services of O'Brien, 21, who has been unable to force his way into the Wolves team so far this season and played on a dual-registration for Championship club Swinton last weekend.
Castleford announced on their website that O'Brien joined the squad for training yesterday and they expect to formalise a month-long loan deal with the Wolves today, in time for him to make his debut at Bradford on Saturday.
O'Brien, who had a month's loan with Widnes last season, has made 11 senior appearances for the Wolves.
Castleford stand-off Rangi Chase has been banned for two matches after being found guilty of a reckless strike during his side's 14-12 Super League win over champions Leeds.
Chase, the 2011 Man of Steel, was charged over the tackle that knocked out his England team-mate Zak Hardaker and was also fined £300 when he appeared in front of the Rugby Football League's disciplinary committee.
He will miss the Tigers' match at Bradford on Saturday and their home game against Catalan Dragons on Sunday week.
Castleford Tigers have confirmed that Rangi Chase will be a Tigers player for the 2013 season.
– Steve Ferres, CEO Castleford Tigers
We are delighted that the situation has been resolved and we are looking forward to seeing him regain the form that led to him being crowned Man of Steel in 2011. Having spoken to Rangi he is happy to be staying at the club and is meeting with the Castleford physio today to assess his groin injury so he can be ready for the pre-season friendlies in January."
Castleford's England rugby league international Rangi Chase is in talks with his old Australian club St George Illawarra. The future of the 2011 Man of Steel, who is currently with England on a training camp in South Africa, has been the subject of increasing speculation.
Castleford today acted to quash rumours that he had signed for the the French side Catalan Dragons. In a statement, Tigers chief executive Steve Ferres said: "Rangi is in talks with the club but to date, no transfer has been agreed and he remains a Castleford player."
Chase, 26, has three years left on his contract after signing a new deal only 12 months ago, but speculation has surrounded his future ever since he was suspended by Castleford in June for breaching club rules on drinking alcohol before a match.
Castleford have lifted their ban on England international Rangi Chase following the completion of an internal investigation into a breach of club discipline. The Super League club confirmed that Chase's suspension, handed down last month, related
"solely to matters concerning consumption of alcohol and non-attendance at training sessions" but said that no details relating to sanctions against the player would be made public. Chase will return to training tomorrow.