North Yorkshire Police is warning motorists not to make unnecessary journeys because of the floods.
Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership are re-launching a campaign responsible for dramatically reducing the number of deaths on the roads.
A £2 billion project to improve roads in Sheffield begins today.
There is disruption on trains between Doncaster and Selby due to flooding.
- A1 in both directions closed, queueing traffic due to flooding between A1(M) J49 Dishforth and A6136 Gatherley Road (Catterick / Brompton-On-Swale Turn Off).
- Skeeby - A6108 Richmond Road closed due to flooding at Olliver Lane.
- Castleford - A656 Barnsdale Road closed due to flooding between Station Road and A6032 Aire Street.
- Burley in Wharfedale - A660 closed due to flooding between A65 / A65 and A659 Bradford Road.
- Morton-on-Swale - A684 closed due to flooding between Station Road and Potter Lane.
- Wensley - A684 closed due to flooding at Chapel Lane.
- A65 closed due to flooding between A660 / A65 (Burley in Wharfedale) and B6382 Wheatley Lane (Ilkley).
The section of the A1 between Aycliffe to Catterick is now open but the road is still closed from Catterick to Dishforth.
Drivers have reported "crazy behaviour" on the A1 in North Yorkshire near Catterick due to a 30 mile stretch being closed because of floods.
One driver, who uploaded this photo to our Facebook page, said: "The scene on A1 North bound. Drivers were crossing the middle and turning onto the south-bound fast lane. Even reversing down the northbound outside verge to get to the gap. crazy. I was pulled over with engine off when I took this."
Calendar spoke to the owner of the barge which sunk today in York. He did not want to be named but said: "It's just a lump of metal. No one was hurt. That's all I can say."
The A660 near Otley is closed due to flooding between the A65 and the A659 Bradford Road.
A 30 mile stretch of the A1 is now closed due to flooding. The closure runs from junction 49 of the A168 at Dishforth to junction 57 of the A66 at Darlington. There are severe delays.
There are problems on the A1 Northbound near Catterick today because of flooding in the area. Water is running off the nearby fields onto the carriageway causing surface water and hazardous driving conditions.
And the A6108 Richmond Road is closed due to flooding at Olliver Lane at Skeeby, North Yorkshire.
In West Yorkshire the A656 Barnsdale Road is closed due to flooding between Station Road and the A6032 Aire Street.