Trinity Leeds shopping centre was named Retail Destination of the Year at the Retail Week Awards, held last night in London. The three hundred and fifty million pounds complex opened to the public last March.
- 918 low energy lightbulbs are in the roof
- It took 19,000 hours to build
- 700 builders were on site
- There are almost 2000 panes of glass in the roof
- If the power cables were laid out straight, they would stretch from Leeds to Leicester
- It's the size of 13 football pitches
- Trinity Leeds is a brand new three-storey shopping centre located in Leeds’ prime shopping district bounded by Briggate, which sits within the top ten busiest streets in the UK
- Trinity Leeds is situated in the heart of the city with 1 million sq ft of shopping and leisure and will include over 120 new shops, stores and restaurants, bringing big international brands and the best of fashion, food, arts and culture to Leeds
- The circa £350m development is the only major retail destination in Western Europe to open this year
- Trinity Leeds includes leading international brands such as Mango, Hollister, Superdry, Topshop/Topman, H&M, Marks & Spencer, Primark, Everyman, D&D London
British fashion designer Henry Holland is opening the new Trinity Leeds shopping centre.