Saturday might see a shower or two but Sunday will be best: Fine with some warm sunshine.Read the full story ›
Gulf War Syndrome is recognised by the government but because it has so many symptoms there is no one organisation set up to help veteransRead the full story ›
Twenty five years on from the Gulf War, veterans like Rodger Needham, 48, who has Gulf War Syndrome, say they are still being ignored by the Ministry of Defence.
Rodger, from Dunscroft, near Doncaster, was one 50,000 British servicemen and women, who blame a cocktail of injections and pills to protect them against chemical attack, for health problems they now suffer. Rodger has chronic fatigue and post traumatic stress disorder.
He says it is not about compensation. Instead it is about getting to the truth and also being given government recognition for what they have endured.
Rodger has been diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder and chronic fatigue and can no longer work.
An MoD spokesperson said:
We are indebted to allthose who served our country in the 1990/1991 Gulf conflict. In recognition of this financial support is available to veterans and dependants whose illness or death is due to service through the War Pensions Scheme and Armed Forces occupational pensions schemes.
The MOD sponsored a research programme into the possible health effects of the combination of vaccines and tablets which were given to troops at the time of the 1990/1991 Gulf conflict to protect them against the threat of biological and chemical warfare. The overwhelming evidence from scientific research is that these would not have had adverse health effects. All documents relating to such allegations have been in the public domain for many years and despite repeatedly asking for further evidence we have received nothing to support these unfounded allegations.
July 2015 will go down in history as wet and dull but with a blue moon. What is a blue moon? Jon Mitchell explains all.Read the full story ›
Mostly dry and brightRead the full story ›
Turning unsettledRead the full story ›
A 19-year-old man who was arrested in connection with a murder on Hamilton Drive in York on Monday has been charged with the murder of Liam Miller.
He has also been charged with the attempted murder of a man in his fifties who was found injured in the street.
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at York Magistrates’ Court tomorrow morning.
Jon Mitchell was challenged to a flat cap fling-off with Ashley Jackson at Wentbridge House Hotel yesterday, but who won?Read the full story ›
Your weather for Yorkshire and Lincolnshire with Jon MitchellRead the full story ›
Police in York are questioning a 19-year-old over a murder in York on Monday evening.
The teen had been in hospital for treatment following the incident on Hamilton Drive, Acomb, where 20-year-old Liam Miller died.
Police have also confirmed that they are treating the attack on the second victim – the man who went to Liam’s assistance and was also stabbed - as attempted murder.