A woman from York has been badly burned after petrol ignited as she transferred it between containers in her kitchen. The woman, named locally as Diane Hill, was in the kitchen near a gas cooker when she set alight - leaving her with 40% burns.
Shocked neighbours witnessed her run into her garden attempting to put out the flames.
More top news
Weather outlook: Temperatures below average during the day and overnight. Up to 10 centimetres of snow expected on Monday in some parts.
The pub on Goodramgate was evacuated after a member of the public reported seeing a man with a firearm at around 5.50pm yesterday.
Eight men have been sentenced to more than 30 years in prison after a man was run over and killed during a violent disturbance in Dewsbury.