A woman in York has been seriously injured whilst transferring petrol between containers in her kitchen. She was taken to Pinderfields Hospital with 40% burns to her body after the petrol ignited and set fire to her clothes.
Members of the public should take extreme care when handling and storing petrol and be aware of the risks associated with incorrect use and storage of fuel. In domestic situations fuel containers must not be stored in living accommodation such as kitchens, living rooms and bedrooms or under staircases. Any storage place should be well away from living areas and be secured to protect against the possibility of vandalism or arson.
Never bring petrol in side your home. If you do smell petrol fumes in a garage or out building ventilate the area and make sure nobody smokes or turns electrical switches on or off. The slightest spark could cause an explosion."
More top news
Ken Cresswell and John Shaw, from Rotherham, were among four men to lose their lives after the collapse at the Didcot A plant a year ago.
An amber alert for gales will be in place across the North, Midlands and East today between 6am and 6pm in response to the conditions.
Jonathan Binns, 32, from Ings Crescent, was found in The Town in Thornhill with multiple injuries last Friday at around 8.40pm.