A man has died after his home was engulfed in flames early this morning. The fire is thought to have started in the kitchen of his bungalow in Gawber, near Barnsley. Neighbours were woken by the sound of breaking glass at around 4am and saw thick smoke coming from the bungalow.
More top news
Rain overnight then cooler and breezy tomorrow but mainly dry and bright with sunny spells.
From Celts to Romans, Popes to pagans, the night of October 31 hasn't always been called Halloween, but it has been marked for centuries.
It was always going to be a very mild one, with a warm pocket of air travelling over the UK for Halloween - but it's now the warmest ever!