A mother, whose 2 year old son died after drinking poisonous plant food used for growing cannabis, has been given a suspended jail sentence by a judge at Bradford Crown Court.
Lauren Booth, 23, from Almondbury in Huddersfield had been convicted by a jury of wilfully neglecting her son Aaron. She was given a 12 month prison sentence suspended for two years.
Aaron died in hospital eleven days after drinking the liquid.The court had heard how Aaron had not been fed that that day and was probably extremely hungry and thirsty.The toddler may have mistaken the plant food for a fruit drink.
More top news
The Tigers midfielder Ryan Mason has undergone surgery after fracturing his skull after a clash of heads during Sunday's game at Chelsea.
It is thought Gerry Newman and her children were killed by her estranged husband who then took his own life last year.
The disgraced Methodist Minister who was fined for possessing cocaine and other drugs, has admitted he still struggles with addiction.