A roadshow to improve people's knowledge on the signs of lung cancer is taking place across the region.
It is part of a Government campaign that having a cough for three weeks or more could be a sign of the disease.
Each year lung caner affects 33,000 people and if it is diagnosed at its earliest stage as many as four out of five people are alive five years after diagnosis compared with only 7% at a late stage.
The dates of the roadshow are:
- 30th and 31th May - Bridlington, Bridlington Shopping Centre****
- ********4th and 5th June -- Wakefield, The Ridings Shopping Centre
- 6th and 7th June - Sheffield, Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre
- 8th and 9th June - Doncaster, Frenchgate Shopping Centre
- 13th and 14th June - Grimsby, Freshney Place Shopping Centre
- and 16th June - Hillsborough, Hillsborough Shopping Centre
More top news
Weather: Weekend update
A lawyer representing the family of Ben Needham says he is not aware of legal proceedings against Ben's mother
A woman who was assaulted in a robbery in Rotherham last month has died in hospital.