A roadshow to improve people's knowledge on the signs of lung cancer is taking place across the region.
It is part of a Government campaign that having a cough for three weeks or more could be a sign of the disease.
Each year lung caner affects 33,000 people and if it is diagnosed at its earliest stage as many as four out of five people are alive five years after diagnosis compared with only 7% at a late stage.
The dates of the roadshow are:
- 30th and 31th May - Bridlington, Bridlington Shopping Centre****
- ********4th and 5th June -- Wakefield, The Ridings Shopping Centre
- 6th and 7th June - Sheffield, Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre
- 8th and 9th June - Doncaster, Frenchgate Shopping Centre
- 13th and 14th June - Grimsby, Freshney Place Shopping Centre
- and 16th June - Hillsborough, Hillsborough Shopping Centre
More top news
Emmerdale star Anthony Quinlan has revealed he split his trousers in front of the rest of the cast and crew during filming.
A painting by artist LS Lowry is to go on show to the public for the first time.
Former shadow chancellor Ed Balls has revealed he turned down an offer to go on ITV reality show I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!