A roadshow to improve people's knowledge on the signs of lung cancer is taking place across the region.
It is part of a Government campaign that having a cough for three weeks or more could be a sign of the disease.
Each year lung caner affects 33,000 people and if it is diagnosed at its earliest stage as many as four out of five people are alive five years after diagnosis compared with only 7% at a late stage.
The dates of the roadshow are:
- 30th and 31th May - Bridlington, Bridlington Shopping Centre****
- ********4th and 5th June -- Wakefield, The Ridings Shopping Centre
- 6th and 7th June - Sheffield, Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre
- 8th and 9th June - Doncaster, Frenchgate Shopping Centre
- 13th and 14th June - Grimsby, Freshney Place Shopping Centre
- and 16th June - Hillsborough, Hillsborough Shopping Centre
More top news
Extensive overnight mist should lift readily this morning. Rain in the south should become lighter and patchier later. Turning brighter
A cold front out in the North Sea is sitting across parts of the region and giving lots of cloud and some patchy rain, especially in the SE
Rotherham United's ground will be known as 'The New York AESSEAL Stadium' from 26 December. Fans have posted their opinions on Twitter