- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
Police are hunting a driver who fled the scene of a crash which left five people - including two children - requiring hospital treatment.
A woman whose heart and lungs were replaced will celebrate the 30th anniversary of her surgery by reuniting with the doctor who saved her.
Sheffield Councillor Ben Miskell has spoken of the terrifying moment a masked biker attacked his car as he sat inside.