- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
Sixteen people have been arrested in connection with an illegal rave in Lincolnshire in which three police officers were injured.
A goalless draw at home to Manchester United condemned Hull to the Championship next season.
A lot of dry weather around over the next few days, but not wall-to-wall sunshine and temperatures average at best