- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
From Sierra Leone to Cyprus, 8,500 Christmas boxes were sent out to every serviceman and woman from the UK.
Selfless Donna Wood from Staffordshire has left her husband and children at home so she can help save lives in Sierra Leone.
It will be a frosty Christmas morning across the UK but any chance of snow is limited to the Scottish mountains.