- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
Who's in charge and what happens if there's an international crisis? Here are answers to key questions about the dissolution of parliament.
Weather: Afternoon update with Jon Mitchell
The longest general election campaign in modern history begins with the dissolution of Parliament today.