- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
Hull boxer Luke Campbell faces the toughest fight of his career tonight.
More than four thousand people took part in a charity walk in Leeds today to highlight the plight of those affected by dementia
Dozens of people have marched through Lincoln, in protest over plans to close the city's only NHS Walk in Centre.