- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
David Masters, 70, was working as a programme seller at the Sheffield United vs Coventry City match at Bramall Lane.
Huddersfield Town celebrity fan Sir Patrick Stewart has been speaking to ITV Calendar ahead of the Championship play-off final at Wembley.
ITV Calendar's 'Spill the Beans' coffee van has been out and about speaking to voters ahead of the General Election on June 8.