- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
Steve Bruce has been accused of trying to "defend the indefensible" over Maynor Figueroa's tackle on Stephen Ireland.
Former Leeds and Sheffield United midfielder Chris Kamara says that people are more willing to report racist incidents in sport.
Five men have been jailed for a total of 22 years for their involvement in a series of ATM ram raids across the region in 2012.