- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
Labour is to announce it will ban fracking if it wins the next general election.
Merlin, the operator of the park, has been told it should expect a "very large fine" for breaching health and safety.
Officers from South Yorkshire Police will oversee the excavation of a site where it is believed the body of Ben Needham may have been buried