- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
The first stage of this year’s Tour de Yorkshire saw four season’s worth of weather before a thrilling sprint finish in Settle.
A former senior policeman who was on duty at Hillsborough has told Calendar he doesn't accept this week's inquest findings.
A man from Barnsley has been sentenced to almost five years for killing a father-of-three during an unprovoked ‘single-punch’ attack.