- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
Police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal road traffic collision which occurred on Queens Drive in Ossett, Wakefield.
Motorists are 50 percent more likely to have a bad accident on our region's motorways and A roads than in the safest parts of the country.
Age UK wants to prevent up to 250 people dying prematurely from the cold in Sheffield this winter.