- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
The Airlie Birds are off to Wembley after tries from Stevie Michaels and Fetuli Talanoa saw them beat the Warriors 16-12.
Detectives are appealing for information to trace a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
Thomas McMeekin was showing off in his new car before the crash, which left two young boys dead and two others with life-changing injuries.