- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
A man has died and a woman has been seriously injured following a crash in Doncaster.
Leeds United midfielder Pablo Hernandez has signed a new two-year contract with the club.
Latest weather: Thursday 26 April