- For GCSE this summer, a complex and unique set of circumstances came together to create a highly unusual situation for schools, colleges and their students
- The standard set for the GCSE English is comparable with the standard in previous years
- June grade boundaries were properly set, and candidates work properly graded
- The issue is January, not the June grade boundaries
- Understandably, schools were over-reliant on the January 2012 boundaries to set expectations as there was little other information available to them
More top news
Paul Spence's death at a scrapyard in Carlisle is being investigated by police and the Health and Safety Executive.
The widower of murdered MP Jo Cox has quit two charities set up in her memory after sexual assault allegations from his past resurfaced.
Jeremy Corbyn has been hearing about a half a billion pound scheme to transform Leeds Station into the Kings Cross of the North