The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
Sheffield Wednesday blogger Terry Hibberd reflects on defeat in the playoff final against Hull City.
World champion Lee Selby has vowed never to fight Josh Warrington after he turned down the chance to fight so close to his August wedding.
A 27-year-old man has been found guilty of raping and robbing a number of women in Doncaster in 2014.