The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
James Wright has the early morning forecast
James Wright has the late weather forecast
Proposals to demolish hundreds of affordable homes in Immingham have left tenants worried about where they might end up living.