The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
Josh Warrington will fight for a world title after a 10th round stoppage of Denmark's Dennis Ceylan at the Leeds Arena last night.
The remaining two anti-fracking protestors who climbed a rig at a live well site in Kirby Misperton, North Yorkshire, have been removed.
The incident happened on the A1133 at Laughterton on Friday evening.