The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
A 38-year-old man is seriously ill in hospital after the third stabbing in Sheffield in just five days.
Warm sunshine inland, cooler along coastline. Thundery shower risk in south. Mainly dry Holiday Monday but low cloud lingering in the east
Police have charged two people with murder after two teenagers died in separate fatal stabbings in Sheffield this week.