The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
Cloudy, sunny breaks, mainly dry
Sheffield squash champ Nick Matthew has defeated the world no. 1 to take the Windy City Open title in Chicago
The latest pictures of the redevelopment of Sunbridge Wells in Bradford where developers are creating a market in the underground tunnels.