The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
Former Hull FC star Tom Briscoe scored five tries to see Leeds Rhinos retain the Challenge cup with a record 50-0 win over Hull KR.
Labour leadership candidate says Britain playing its role in the migrant crisis would help Cameron secure the promised reforms in Brussels.
The Rhinos lead Hull KR 16-0 at halftime in the Challenge Cup final.