The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
Very misty, grey, cool day on Tuesday. Some rain on Wednesday. Frost-free nights in general, but not especially warm by day
Mist at the coast should lift readily this morning, but extensive overnight mist may linger through the south and east of the region
A cold front out in the North Sea is sitting across parts of the region and giving lots of cloud and some patchy rain, especially in the SE