The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
The is the pollen count.
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was fatally stabbed and another injured in an apparent attack at a house in York.
Two former pupils of murdered teacher Ann Maguire have cycled 300 miles to raise money for a charity set up in her memory.