The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
Figures show that 225,000 people develop dementia every year in the UK - and it isn't a conditition that only affects the elderly.
A preliminary investigation into Rotherham's child sexual exploitation scandal is starting.
The latest weather forecast for the Calendar region