The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
Tickets go on sale for Peter Kay's charity dance-a-thon which is set to appear at two Yorkshire venues
Rather cool with some showers
A mother has brought her daughter back to their fire-ravaged home - the place where she lost her husband and her other daughter.