The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
Chris Chester is hoping to guide the Wildcats to the Challenge Cup final, as he did with Hull KR last year, as his side take on Warrington.
The Airlie Birds are off to Wembley after tries from Stevie Michaels and Fetuli Talanoa saw them beat the Warriors 16-12.
Detectives are appealing for information to trace a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident.