The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
Eddie Hall, 41, had been working as a chef in Ho Chi Minh City for over a year but was reported missing in January.
Cold with wintry showers for North and West Yorkshire and across the Pennines. Ice and snow warnings issued
Hundreds are expected to march against council plans to close North Yorkshire's only remaining middle school.