The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
A baby Otter is on the road to recovery after losing its mother during storm Doris.
If March comes in like a lion, according to the saying, it will go out like a lamb. Here's the latest forecast from Jon Mitchell
The family of a pensioner who died in a hit and run accident have made an emotional appeal to try and catch his killer.