The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
The 50th anniversary of the first Harrogate International Festivals is seeing 50 new trees being planted in the town.
Work has started to begin to remove cladding from Hanover tower block in Sheffield
A groundbreaking garden that has been specially designed to support people with dementia has opened in south Leeds.