The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
The forecast for Monday night into Tuesday morning from Jon Mitchell.
Parents of an 8-year-old who has a rare and incurable genetic disease, have started a campaign for a new treatment on the NHS.
Three men who held staff at gunpoint at Berry's in Albion Street and stole more than 150 watches have been jailed for more than 51 years.