The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
Jo Cox was murdered on the streets of her own constituency last year by far-right extremist Thomas Mair.
Mike Pannett does not believe that officers, especially those outside of London, have the right resources to protect themselves.
It’s World Meteorological Day, there's a new type of cloud, the clocks are going forward and the weather’s improving for the weekend.