The water tower in Goole is a very well known landmark in the town but it can be difficult to appreciate the scale of the structure. Here are some statistics:
- The tower holds 3.4m litres of water (enough to fill 1½ Olympic swimming pools)
- The structure is around 50 metres tall (165 feet)
- It supplies the entire population of Goole, estimated at 19,360 people.
- Almost a mile of scaffolding was needed to reach the top.
- The repairs will cost around £420,000
More top news
The official Twitter account backing the search for Madeleine McCann has blocked the account which supports the campaign to find Ben Needham
Weather starts to change overnight Sunday into Monday. Mild few days to come, but heavy showers at times. Improving later in the new week
Fine weekend once early mist clears, foggy night. Unsettled new week, windier also