A spokesperson for Rotherham Borough Council said the authority was fully aware of the concerns being expressed by residents at Melton Court and their relatives following the decision by the Care Quality Commission and was doing all it could to help and minimise the disruption to their lives.
She said seven social workers, three district nurses and voluntary organisations had been at the home working together with senior representatives from the authority, assisting with the move and addressing the concerns of the residents and their relatives.
"We appreciate this is an extremely difficult time for a group of elderly people who have lived at one particular residential home for a long period and our priority throughout this process will be their well-being. Once we were informed of the CQC's decision to deregister the privately-run home, we and our NHS partners then had no option but to put our Home Closure Protocol into place. We are working very closely with all our partners and the staff at the home and committing all our resources to transfer the 21 residents as quickly as possible over the next ten days.
More top news
Kyle Edmund hailed the greatest win of his career after he stunned 13th seed Richard Gasquet in the first round of the US Open.
Thomas Jackson died a week after being stabbed as he tried to save fellow Brit Mia Ayliffe-Chung as she was attacked in Australia.
Early morning forecast for Tuesday: Some brightness.