- More than 350,000 people are expected to attend
- There are 280 stalls
- The Market runs from Thursday to Sunday
- This year there will be a one way pedestrian system in place to ease congestion
- The market is expected to bring in more than £10 million to the local economy
- In 2010 the market closed due to snow for the first time in 28 years
- The market will be officially opened tonight at 6.30pm by the Mayor.
More top news
A company owned by Virgin and Stagecoach will operate trains on the East Coast line from next March - but what does it mean for customers?
Calendar weather update with Manali Lukha
A Conservative MP has denied favouriting an explicit pornographic image on Twitter.