- More than 350,000 people are expected to attend
- There are 280 stalls
- The Market runs from Thursday to Sunday
- This year there will be a one way pedestrian system in place to ease congestion
- The market is expected to bring in more than £10 million to the local economy
- In 2010 the market closed due to snow for the first time in 28 years
- The market will be officially opened tonight at 6.30pm by the Mayor.
More top news
Helen Plint has the evening forecast
Castleford's dream of moving into a new stadium took a major step towards realisation on Friday.
With fewer than eight weeks until the August bank holiday, the site for Leeds Festival is getting ready for a remarkable transformation.