- More than 350,000 people are expected to attend
- There are 280 stalls
- The Market runs from Thursday to Sunday
- This year there will be a one way pedestrian system in place to ease congestion
- The market is expected to bring in more than £10 million to the local economy
- In 2010 the market closed due to snow for the first time in 28 years
- The market will be officially opened tonight at 6.30pm by the Mayor.
More top news
Late weather update with Jon Mitchell
Former Royal Marine Konstandinos Erik Scurfield from Barnsley has been killed while fighting against Islamic State militants in Syria.
Steve Bruce has been accused of trying to "defend the indefensible" over Maynor Figueroa's tackle on Stephen Ireland.