- More than 350,000 people are expected to attend
- There are 280 stalls
- The Market runs from Thursday to Sunday
- This year there will be a one way pedestrian system in place to ease congestion
- The market is expected to bring in more than £10 million to the local economy
- In 2010 the market closed due to snow for the first time in 28 years
- The market will be officially opened tonight at 6.30pm by the Mayor.
More top news
Jon Mitchell has Tuesday's afternoon forecast
A man forced to work as a child slave whilst in foster care, more than 40 years ago, has just received an apology from the council involved.
Another red kite has been found shot in North Yorkshire. Police are asking for help in the fight against persecution of the rare birds