- More than 350,000 people are expected to attend
- There are 280 stalls
- The Market runs from Thursday to Sunday
- This year there will be a one way pedestrian system in place to ease congestion
- The market is expected to bring in more than £10 million to the local economy
- In 2010 the market closed due to snow for the first time in 28 years
- The market will be officially opened tonight at 6.30pm by the Mayor.
More top news
Police are urgently appealing for information to trace a 14-year-old girl who has gone missing in Leeds.
It was seen to drive off from North Somercotes on the A1031 towards Grimsby.
The announcement comes weeks after supercar giant McLaren selected a site within in South Yorkshire for a £50 million chassis factory.