- More than 350,000 people are expected to attend
- There are 280 stalls
- The Market runs from Thursday to Sunday
- This year there will be a one way pedestrian system in place to ease congestion
- The market is expected to bring in more than £10 million to the local economy
- In 2010 the market closed due to snow for the first time in 28 years
- The market will be officially opened tonight at 6.30pm by the Mayor.
More top news
The search for a mother who's thought to have kidnapped her two sons has been stepped up as police appeal for the boys' safe return.
A man's denied a charge that he was the owner of a dog which was dangerously out of control when it fatally attacked a former lollipop man.
The new sugar targets are being introduced in an effort to tackle childhood obesity as a third of children are leaving school overweight.