- More than 350,000 people are expected to attend
- There are 280 stalls
- The Market runs from Thursday to Sunday
- This year there will be a one way pedestrian system in place to ease congestion
- The market is expected to bring in more than £10 million to the local economy
- In 2010 the market closed due to snow for the first time in 28 years
- The market will be officially opened tonight at 6.30pm by the Mayor.
More top news
Huddersfield half back/hooker Luke Robinson has been forced to retire from rugby league with immediate effect.
Children in four Yorkshire schools are being introduced to opera, thanks to a £10,000 donation from the Ann Maguire Arts Education Fund.
The forecast for Tuesday morning from Jon Mitchell.