- More than 350,000 people are expected to attend
- There are 280 stalls
- The Market runs from Thursday to Sunday
- This year there will be a one way pedestrian system in place to ease congestion
- The market is expected to bring in more than £10 million to the local economy
- In 2010 the market closed due to snow for the first time in 28 years
- The market will be officially opened tonight at 6.30pm by the Mayor.
More top news
Showers this evening, dying out overnight. Bright start Sunday but cloud slowly building and rain by evening
Residents in Calder Valley have finally been able to enjoy Christmas six months to the day after floods ravaged their town
The family of a Huddersfield man missing for eight years have spoken of their anguish that he could legally be declared dead within days.