- More than 350,000 people are expected to attend
- There are 280 stalls
- The Market runs from Thursday to Sunday
- This year there will be a one way pedestrian system in place to ease congestion
- The market is expected to bring in more than £10 million to the local economy
- In 2010 the market closed due to snow for the first time in 28 years
- The market will be officially opened tonight at 6.30pm by the Mayor.
More top news
A Leeds Beckett student who was reported missing following the Manchester bomb blast died in the terror attack, police have confirmed.
Police have applied for extra security support for Radio 1's Big Weekend, which could mean armed officers patrolling the event in Hull.
Wendy Fawell was last seen in the foyer of the arena before the bomb blast that killed 22 people and left many more injured.