- More than 350,000 people are expected to attend
- There are 280 stalls
- The Market runs from Thursday to Sunday
- This year there will be a one way pedestrian system in place to ease congestion
- The market is expected to bring in more than £10 million to the local economy
- In 2010 the market closed due to snow for the first time in 28 years
- The market will be officially opened tonight at 6.30pm by the Mayor.
More top news
Within the next few weeks security and compounds will arrive at the Monks Cross site for construction work to start.
Firefighters have spent several hours overnight tackling a large blaze at a disused building in Rotherham.
Dickie Bird has agreed to become an ambassador for the Children’s Heart Surgery Fund, after donating £30,000 to the charity.