There are plans for a multi-million pound investment into rail improvements across the region.
Network Rail wants to create a hub in York worth £560 million to increase the number of services in the north of England by 700 services per day.
They also believe this will create 20,000 jobs and will lead to shorter journey times.
Some of the plans include:
- Doubling Dore junction and Calder Valley journey time improvement
- Electrifying the trans-Pennine route, including Selby to Micklefield, and introducing new, more reliable and faster trains connectivity to address key bottlenecks
- Leeds station new platforms to improve capacity
- Harrogate station capacity
- New turnback facility at Micklefield
- Tram Train pilot connecting to Sheffield Supertram.
More top news
Singer Louis Tomlinson wished his mum a happy birthday, just months after her death from an aggressive form of leukaemia.
The parents of a 12-year-old girl who drowned on a school trip to France have launched a crowdfunding campaign to help pay legal fees.
Police are investigating the death of a teenager who died shortly after an amateur boxing match held last night.