There are plans for a multi-million pound investment into rail improvements across the region.
Network Rail wants to create a hub in York worth £560 million to increase the number of services in the north of England by 700 services per day.
They also believe this will create 20,000 jobs and will lead to shorter journey times.
Some of the plans include:
- Doubling Dore junction and Calder Valley journey time improvement
- Electrifying the trans-Pennine route, including Selby to Micklefield, and introducing new, more reliable and faster trains connectivity to address key bottlenecks
- Leeds station new platforms to improve capacity
- Harrogate station capacity
- New turnback facility at Micklefield
- Tram Train pilot connecting to Sheffield Supertram.
More top news
Andrew Broadhead died after going back into the family home in a bid to save his eight-year-old daughter Kiera.
RSPCA inspector Emma Ellis says she will never forget the horror of finding the puppies in a wheelbarrow at a farm in Bradford.
Matt Price catches up with the stars of the brand new series of The Voice which hits our screens next year