There are plans for a multi-million pound investment into rail improvements across the region.
Network Rail wants to create a hub in York worth £560 million to increase the number of services in the north of England by 700 services per day.
They also believe this will create 20,000 jobs and will lead to shorter journey times.
Some of the plans include:
- Doubling Dore junction and Calder Valley journey time improvement
- Electrifying the trans-Pennine route, including Selby to Micklefield, and introducing new, more reliable and faster trains connectivity to address key bottlenecks
- Leeds station new platforms to improve capacity
- Harrogate station capacity
- New turnback facility at Micklefield
- Tram Train pilot connecting to Sheffield Supertram.
More top news
DJ Stephanie Hirst says she wouldn't change anything as she nears her first year living as Stephanie, and an important upcoming milestone.
A man has been jailed after being caught on CCTV holding a rifle to a woman’s head after drinking 27 pints of beer.
Your afternoon weather update for Yorkshire and Lincolnshire with Jon Mitchell