There are plans for a multi-million pound investment into rail improvements across the region.
Network Rail wants to create a hub in York worth £560 million to increase the number of services in the north of England by 700 services per day.
They also believe this will create 20,000 jobs and will lead to shorter journey times.
Some of the plans include:
- Doubling Dore junction and Calder Valley journey time improvement
- Electrifying the trans-Pennine route, including Selby to Micklefield, and introducing new, more reliable and faster trains connectivity to address key bottlenecks
- Leeds station new platforms to improve capacity
- Harrogate station capacity
- New turnback facility at Micklefield
- Tram Train pilot connecting to Sheffield Supertram.
More top news
What are the chances of a white Christmas? JON MITCHELL has the forecast for the weekend and Christmas week.
Figures show that 225,000 people develop dementia every year in the UK - and it isn't a conditition that only affects the elderly.
A preliminary investigation into Rotherham's child sexual exploitation scandal is starting.