There are plans for a multi-million pound investment into rail improvements across the region.
Network Rail wants to create a hub in York worth £560 million to increase the number of services in the north of England by 700 services per day.
They also believe this will create 20,000 jobs and will lead to shorter journey times.
Some of the plans include:
- Doubling Dore junction and Calder Valley journey time improvement
- Electrifying the trans-Pennine route, including Selby to Micklefield, and introducing new, more reliable and faster trains connectivity to address key bottlenecks
- Leeds station new platforms to improve capacity
- Harrogate station capacity
- New turnback facility at Micklefield
- Tram Train pilot connecting to Sheffield Supertram.
More top news
Smoke could be seen for miles around, and eyewitnesses reported hearing 'multiple explosions' after the fire broke out this afternoon.
Nick Boles had previously come out in support of Boris Johnson, who stepped aside after being criticised by his fellow Leave campaigner.
Rain tonight with heavy showers to come