Lincolnshire County Council has admitted spending almost £22,000 on lunches for councillors attending meetings since 2009. A total of £21,940 was spent catering for the 77 councillors at 17 full council meetings. That works out an average of £16.76 per head. Here is a breakdown of the figures:
- 2009-2010: £6942.77 for 5 meetings = £18.04 per head
- 2010-2011: £6235.79 for 5 meetings = £16.19 per head
- 2011-2012: £4832.43 for 4 meetings = £15.69 per head
- 2012-2013(so far): £3929.44 for 3 meetings = £17.01 per head
- TOTAL SINCE 2009: £21,940.43 for 17 meetings = £16.76 per head
The council says it is written into the constitution that councillors should be fed in County Restaurant on such meeting days but a review of catering costs is currently taking place.
More top news
Here is a look at some of the best pictures of Hull FC fans ahead of the Challenge Cup final.
A time lapse shows video how the Team GB legacy event #IAMTEAM GB was set up in a bid to boost to British sport.
Hull FC are hoping to end their Wembley hoodoo today in the Challenge Cup final against Warrington.