Alternative car parking arrangements are being put in place in Lincoln to help the city cope with the temporary closure of Lucy Tower Street car park. These include:
- City Hall staff car park will become a public pay and display car park.
- Extra spaces will be available at County Council offices on weekends only.
- New signage will be put up directing motorists to other car parks.
- Traffic light phasing will be altered to improve traffic flow to other car parks.
– Steve Bird, City of Lincoln Council
We are aware this closure will affect a lot of people but these works are vital to ensure Lucy Tower is able to stay open for the longer term. We recognise the loss of so many spaces is important for businesses, so are doing all we possibly can to mitigate this loss, including the opening up of the adjacent staff car park at City Hall. I have been delighted by the positive response from staff who have been supportive of this initiative to help trade, even though it means considerable disruption for them. I hope local businesses will realise we are doing all we can."