- Brain McDermott started his football career at Arsenal.
- He also played with Fulham, Norrkoping, Oxford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Exeter, and Yeovil.
- After a short stint in China, he returned to the UK where he managed Woking and Slough before joining Reading in 2000
- Brian McDermott has spent 12 years at Reading before parting company with the club earlier this eason.
- He clinched promotion from the Championship last season when he guided Reading to the Premier League for the second time in the club's history.
More top news
Weather update for Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
A court has heard claims that a mounted police officer saw Liverpool fans walking over others and crawling under horses to get into stadium
Safety failings on building sites cost the lives of eight workers and there were 450 major injury cases in the region over a year.