- Brain McDermott started his football career at Arsenal.
- He also played with Fulham, Norrkoping, Oxford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Exeter, and Yeovil.
- After a short stint in China, he returned to the UK where he managed Woking and Slough before joining Reading in 2000
- Brian McDermott has spent 12 years at Reading before parting company with the club earlier this eason.
- He clinched promotion from the Championship last season when he guided Reading to the Premier League for the second time in the club's history.
More top news
Sir Bruce entertained audiences for more than seven decades.
The landlord of a property has appeared in court charged in connection with the death of two young boys following a fatal house fire.
Campaigners aiming to save trees Sheffield have announced they won't appeal against a High Court ruling preventing them from protesting.