- Brain McDermott started his football career at Arsenal.
- He also played with Fulham, Norrkoping, Oxford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Exeter, and Yeovil.
- After a short stint in China, he returned to the UK where he managed Woking and Slough before joining Reading in 2000
- Brian McDermott has spent 12 years at Reading before parting company with the club earlier this eason.
- He clinched promotion from the Championship last season when he guided Reading to the Premier League for the second time in the club's history.
More top news
Kim Dick spoke about her fears as she comforted a young Manchester Arena victim as she waited anxiously for news of her own family.
The parents of a York student who appealed on facebook after they went missing in the Manchester terror attack have been confirmed dead.
Some children, particularly those who have been more directly affected, may show symptoms of stress and trauma.