- Brain McDermott started his football career at Arsenal.
- He also played with Fulham, Norrkoping, Oxford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Exeter, and Yeovil.
- After a short stint in China, he returned to the UK where he managed Woking and Slough before joining Reading in 2000
- Brian McDermott has spent 12 years at Reading before parting company with the club earlier this eason.
- He clinched promotion from the Championship last season when he guided Reading to the Premier League for the second time in the club's history.
More top news
Jon Mitchell has the latest pollen count
Five police staff were given final warnings after strip searching the man and leaving him naked in a cell in Humberside.
250 jobs are to be axed in Sheffield as the business, innovation and skills department moves to London