- Brain McDermott started his football career at Arsenal.
- He also played with Fulham, Norrkoping, Oxford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Exeter, and Yeovil.
- After a short stint in China, he returned to the UK where he managed Woking and Slough before joining Reading in 2000
- Brian McDermott has spent 12 years at Reading before parting company with the club earlier this eason.
- He clinched promotion from the Championship last season when he guided Reading to the Premier League for the second time in the club's history.
More top news
Josh Warrington will fight for a world title after a 10th round stoppage of Denmark's Dennis Ceylan at the Leeds Arena last night.
The remaining two anti-fracking protestors who climbed a rig at a live well site in Kirby Misperton, North Yorkshire, have been removed.
The incident happened on the A1133 at Laughterton on Friday evening.