- Brain McDermott started his football career at Arsenal.
- He also played with Fulham, Norrkoping, Oxford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Exeter, and Yeovil.
- After a short stint in China, he returned to the UK where he managed Woking and Slough before joining Reading in 2000
- Brian McDermott has spent 12 years at Reading before parting company with the club earlier this eason.
- He clinched promotion from the Championship last season when he guided Reading to the Premier League for the second time in the club's history.
More top news
Sir Gary Verity insisted that history was made as the second day of the second Tour de Yorkshire came to a close.
Technical problems with the French TV coverage of TDY Women’s race means it is not being shown on ITV4.
Sheridan Smith won a standing ovation as she returned to the West End stage after claims she was 'drunk' during a performance.