- Brain McDermott started his football career at Arsenal.
- He also played with Fulham, Norrkoping, Oxford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Exeter, and Yeovil.
- After a short stint in China, he returned to the UK where he managed Woking and Slough before joining Reading in 2000
- Brian McDermott has spent 12 years at Reading before parting company with the club earlier this eason.
- He clinched promotion from the Championship last season when he guided Reading to the Premier League for the second time in the club's history.
More top news
Labour's Tracy Brabin will face nine other candidates in the by-election prompted by the death of MP Jo Cox.
The Red Arrows' summer season in the UK may have come to a close, but the team is still busy training.
Around a thousand people have attended the funeral of Didcot power station worker Ken Cresswell in Rotherham.