- Brain McDermott started his football career at Arsenal.
- He also played with Fulham, Norrkoping, Oxford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Exeter, and Yeovil.
- After a short stint in China, he returned to the UK where he managed Woking and Slough before joining Reading in 2000
- Brian McDermott has spent 12 years at Reading before parting company with the club earlier this eason.
- He clinched promotion from the Championship last season when he guided Reading to the Premier League for the second time in the club's history.
More top news
From Sierra Leone to Cyprus, 8,500 Christmas boxes were sent out to every serviceman and woman from the UK.
Selfless Donna Wood from Staffordshire has left her husband and children at home so she can help save lives in Sierra Leone.
It will be a frosty Christmas morning across the UK but any chance of snow is limited to the Scottish mountains.