- Brain McDermott started his football career at Arsenal.
- He also played with Fulham, Norrkoping, Oxford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Exeter, and Yeovil.
- After a short stint in China, he returned to the UK where he managed Woking and Slough before joining Reading in 2000
- Brian McDermott has spent 12 years at Reading before parting company with the club earlier this eason.
- He clinched promotion from the Championship last season when he guided Reading to the Premier League for the second time in the club's history.
More top news
A Bradford man who stored a haul of illicit tobacco in a pushchair has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Members of a muslim youth association took part in a minute's silence in Sheffield in memory of the victims of the London terror attack.
Jon mitchell has the latest weather forecast