- Brain McDermott started his football career at Arsenal.
- He also played with Fulham, Norrkoping, Oxford, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Exeter, and Yeovil.
- After a short stint in China, he returned to the UK where he managed Woking and Slough before joining Reading in 2000
- Brian McDermott has spent 12 years at Reading before parting company with the club earlier this eason.
- He clinched promotion from the Championship last season when he guided Reading to the Premier League for the second time in the club's history.
More top news
London education charity SHINE is moving to the North of England to provide help where it believes need is the greatest.
The Crown Prosecution Service is to announce its decision later on whether individuals and organisations will face criminal charges.
Nine out of ten people living in Hull have taken part in cultural activity in first 3 months of 2017.