Hospital treatment for flat fire man

A Sheffield man needed hospital treatment for smoke inhalation after a fire in his flat in the early hours of Friday morning. Fire crews were called to the 3rd floor Cambridge Court flat, on Carver Street, at 12.50am. They found the bedroom in which the blaze started severely damaged.

Firefighters in breathing apparatus put the fire out and ventilated the rest of the property, which was filled with smoke.

A second flat, across the hallway, was also full of smoke, and firefighters' instructions helped the occupant to get himself to the front door and out to safety.

He did not suffer any injuries. Fire crews believe the fire started accidentally, caused by a lit candle which fell onto the floor.