A young mother from York, left badly beaten and with a broken nose by her ex-boyfriend, has been refused NHS funding for surgery. Rebecca Beattie, who is 25, sufferend horrific injuries when she was assaulted at her home last year.
Her attacker was jailed for 16 months and Rebecca was left with physical and mental scars. She says the attack has left her unable to breathe properly through her nose. But she's now been turned down for surgery on her nose and told it was considered cosmetic.
Rebecca and her family are now trying to raise the £5,500 for private treatment. And her plight is being taken up by the York Central MP Hugh Bayley who says it illustrates how York patients face missing out on treatment because of unequal funding allocations and NHS cash shortfalls.
More top news
Steve Bruce has labelled Hull City's Saturday's clash with Swansea a "cup final".
A sex abuse victim has come forward to inspire others to make themselves heard if they feel the courts have denied them justice.
What are the chances of a white Christmas? JON MITCHELL has the forecast for the weekend and Christmas week.