West Yorkshire Police says officers are currently aware of 76 crimes involving 68 victims committed in the West Yorkshire area relating to Jimmy Savile. None of these crimes were previously reported to West Yorkshire Police before Savile's death.
Victims have reported offences which have taken place in hospitals:
- The main location of these offences was Leeds General Infirmary with complaints from 23 victims ranging from aged five to 34.
- Two victims aged five to 12 reported offences at St James Hospital in Leeds.
- One victim is unsure whether it was St James or the LGI due to the passage of time.
- One victim, who was aged 15 at the time of the offence, was at Dewsbury and District Hospital.
- Two victims aged five and 45 were at High Royds Hospital.
- In some cases it's not been possible to ascertain the age at the time of the offence as there are some offences where victims haven't provided a date of birth.
More top news
She is looking forward to buying her first family home after winning the jackpot in Friday night's draw
The dog has been re-homed by a resident from the local community
Humberside Police are appealing for information regarding the incident which happened yesterday