West Yorkshire Police says officers are currently aware of 76 crimes involving 68 victims committed in the West Yorkshire area relating to Jimmy Savile. None of these crimes were previously reported to West Yorkshire Police before Savile's death.
Victims have reported offences which have taken place in hospitals:
- The main location of these offences was Leeds General Infirmary with complaints from 23 victims ranging from aged five to 34.
- Two victims aged five to 12 reported offences at St James Hospital in Leeds.
- One victim is unsure whether it was St James or the LGI due to the passage of time.
- One victim, who was aged 15 at the time of the offence, was at Dewsbury and District Hospital.
- Two victims aged five and 45 were at High Royds Hospital.
- In some cases it's not been possible to ascertain the age at the time of the offence as there are some offences where victims haven't provided a date of birth.
More top news
The official Twitter account backing the search for Madeleine McCann has blocked the account which supports the campaign to find Ben Needham
Weather starts to change overnight Sunday into Monday. Mild few days to come, but heavy showers at times. Improving later in the new week
Fine weekend once early mist clears, foggy night. Unsettled new week, windier also