Road Safety charity brake says the reduction in road police officers will cause more accidents - and even deaths.
List of reductions in road police officers by area
- North Yorkshire - 26.68 per cent reduction
- South Yorkshire - 29.78 reduction
- West Yorkshire - 16.8 per cent reduction
- Lincolnshire - 5.07 per cent reduction
- Derbyshire - 25.95 per cent reduction
More top news
Early morning forecast for Tuesday: Some brightness.
Thousands turned out in Leeds as the spectacular West Indian Carnival brought all the colour, music and taste of the Caribbean to the city.
Bookmakers have cut the odds on August being the hottest on record with temperatures set to rise across the UK.