Road Safety charity brake says the reduction in road police officers will cause more accidents - and even deaths.
List of reductions in road police officers by area
- North Yorkshire - 26.68 per cent reduction
- South Yorkshire - 29.78 reduction
- West Yorkshire - 16.8 per cent reduction
- Lincolnshire - 5.07 per cent reduction
- Derbyshire - 25.95 per cent reduction
More top news
A police officer has told the Hillsborough inquests he didn't feel he had received any specific direction on the day of the disaster
A sergeant in charge of officers policing fans at the turnstiles was taken "out of action" for an hour before the kick-off to write reports.
NHS England has set out a new set of standards for congenital heart disease services.