A woman from Bradford who set up a fund after her 16-year-old daughter died from inhaling lighter gas has been honoured for services to children, young people and families.
In 1997, Pat Bleau helped to set up the Chantelle Bleau Memorial Fund to raise awareness of Volatile Substance Abuse.
She felt that the public should be made aware of solvent abuse dangers. The Fund goes into schools in Bradford to raise awareness on the issue.
She continued to work closely on the charity with the support of her Church for about five years and in that time she campaigned successfully to raise the legal age for purchasing butane gas from 16 to 18.
Pat has also fostered a number of children with complex and additional needs, advocating for those who find it difficult to have their voice heard.
More top news
Turning cold once more overnight into Monday. A mainly dry few days with temperatures recovering towards midweek. Cloudy at times
A 21-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital after being hit by a car in Sheffield just before midnight yesterday.
Engineers are continuing work to restore gas supplies to customers in North Yorkshire who have been left without gas for over 36 hours.