Leeds players have agreed to defer part of their wages for March after the club failed to pay them on time.
Non-playing staff at Elland Road have received their full salaries as expected, but following a meeting with the club's hierarchy and Professional Footballers' Association officials on Friday morning the players have accepted part payment.
Club owners Gulf Finance House Capital and prospective owner Massimo Cellino are in dispute over who should fund the players' wage bill after the Football League blocked the Italian's £25million takeover bid earlier in the week.
Cellino is appealing against that decision.
PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor said: "At the moment the plan is that prospective owner Massimo Cellino will contribute towards the wages for this month, with the players agreeing to wait for the rest until the outcome of the appeal."
Massimo Cellino has formally appealed against Football League's decision to block him from buying a majority stake in Leeds.
The Football League has said it could take up to 10 more days to make a decision on the ownership of Leeds.
The Football League has said it cannot make progress with Massimo Cellino's bid to purchase Leeds.