The employer of Sharon Bell, who was killed in the Tunisia beach massacre last week, says the care worker and her husband Christopher will be 'greatly missed'.
Sharon & Chris, you will be greatly missed by all family, friends, colleagues and clients alike. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this very sad time
The bodies of two of the six Britons from Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire killed in the Tunisia beach massacre will be repatriated today.
An RAF plane carrying bodies of eight victims, including Carly Lovett from Gainsborough and John Stollery from Newark will land at Brize Norton later.
Prime Minister David Cameron today told MPs that 27 Britons had been confirmed dead in the Tunisia beach massacre.
Six of the confirmed fatalities are from Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire:
- Carly Lovett (Gainsborough)
- Claire Windass (Hull)
- Bruce Wilkinson (Goole)
- John Stollery (Newark)
- Christopher Bell (Leeds)
- Sharon Bell (Leeds)
A couple from Leeds have been named as the latest victims of the terror attack in Tunisia last week.
The family of Christopher and Sharon Bell say they are 'deeply saddened' by the deaths.
We are deeply saddened by the loss of both mum Sharon and dad Christopher who were taken from us during the terrorist attacks in Tunisia.
As those injured in the Tunisian massacre continue to arrive home, another victim of the horror has been named as a retired social worker from North Nottinghamshire.
John Stollery had worked for his county council - and was dedicated to helping children in care. He is the 4th victim to be named from our region - at least 30 Britons were killed in terror attack in the resort of Sousse last Friday. All those who lost their lives in the terror attack are expected to be repatriated by tomorrow. Helen Steel reports.
Further tributes have been paid to a woman from Gainsborough who died in the Tunisian terror attacks.
24-year-old Carly Lovett was with her fiance in Sousse when the gunman opened fire on the beach.
Neil Allan The Deputy Headteacher of her former school Queen Elizabeth's High said the school were devastated after losing such a fondly remembered pupil:
Ian Knowles from West Lindsey District Council also paid tribute:
Twins from Hull, who marked their 16th birthdays' whilst in Sousse, have helped lay flowers for the victims of the Tunisian terror attackRead the full story ›
Nottinghamshire council have paid tribute to John Stollery, who is the latest victim of the Tunisian terror attacks to be named.
We are all immensely saddened by the tragic death of John Stollery, who was a much loved and respected member of staff. As a dedicated social worker, he had a passion to help others that was apparent to everyone that he met. Our thoughts are with John’s family and all those affected by this terrible tragedy, including others from Notts. John will be missed greatly.
A 58-year-old social worker from North Nottinghamshire is the latest victim of the Tunisian terrorist attacks to be named.
John Stollery from Newark worked at Nottinghamshire County Council for the past 33 years and for the last 16 years was dedicated to working with children in care.
He was on holiday with his wife Cheryl and their son.
His wife Cheryl paid an emotional tribute to him. She said:
The family has asked that their privacy is respected at this time and that they are given time to come to terms with their loss.
John was special, he made a difference and gave his best to others. We, his family, are proud of him and deeply saddened that he was taken from us in such a horrific and tragic way. We still had a long life to life with plans and dreams for our future together.” We love and miss him terribly and nothing will ever be the same again. He was a super husband and my best friend and a devoted dad to our son.” He will remain in our hearts and in our memory forever.” Our thoughts are with others who have gone through this mindless act of terrorism. We believe we all need to learn from what has happened and how it devastates individual and family life, so as to prevent it from happening to others. We’d like to thank Thomson Holidays, the Foreign Office and the staff at the Imperial Marhaba for their support and kindness following John’s death. Special thanks also to Nottinghamshire Police and our close friends.
A minute silence will take place at the next full council meeting in Gainsborough to pay respects to the victims of the Tunisia attack.
Carly Lovett from Gainsborough was one of the first of the 38 victims to be named following Friday’s attack.
In addition to the national minute silence taking place this Friday at 12pm, West Lindsey District Council will also hold a minute silence at its next full council.
I would like to offer our condolences to Carly Lovett’s family and friends and to all those who lost loved ones. “I was deeply saddened to hear an armed gunman opened fire on a popular tourist beach in the city of Sousse, taking so many lives. As leader of West Lindsey District Council I would like to offer our sincerest condolences to all the families and friends of those who were killed or injured. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.