Airports in the Midlands are preparing for one of its busiest weekends of the year as part of the Christmas getaway.
An 84-year-old man from Walsall died after a collision with a lorry in Brownhills yesterday.
Although he was taken to hospital with a serious leg injury after the collision on the High Street near to the junction with Church Road, he died shortly after.
The lorry driver involved in the incident is assisting officers with their enquiries but police are now appealing for witnesses.
Anyone with information should contact collision investigators on 101 or alternatively information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- West Ham 2 - 0 Leicester
- Aston Villa 1 - 1 Man Utd
- QPR 3 - 2 West Brom
- Huddersfield 0 - 1 Birmingham
- Wolves 1 - 1 Brighton
- Gillingham 2 - 3 Chesterfield
- Peterborough 0 - 1 Preston
- Rochdale 2 - 1 Notts County
- Coventry 1 - 1 Fleetwood
- Crawley 1 - 2 Port Vale
- Sheffield Utd 1 - 1 Walsall
- Wimbledon 0 - 1 Mansfield
- Carlisle 2 - 1 Northampton
- Cheltenham 1 - 1 Portsmouth
- Shrewsbury 1 - 0 Morecambe
Custody cells at a police station in Northamptonshire were left open on Thursday to try to encourage criminals to hand themselves in before Christmas.
Officers have already posted special Christmas cards to offenders who're wanted in Wellingborough but they want them to come forward now or face being arrested on the day itself.
Click below for a report from Wellingborough police station by ITV News Anglia's Sarah Cooper
- West Ham 1 - 0 Leicester
- Aston Villa 1 - 0 Man Utd
- QPR 1 - 2 West Brom
- Huddersfield 0 - 0 Birmingham
- Wolves 0 - 1 Brighton
- Gillingham 0 - 1 Chesterfield
- Peterborough 0 - 1 Preston
- Rochdale 0 - 1 Notts County
- Coventry 0 - 1 Fleetwood
- Crawley 0 - 2 Port Vale
- Sheffield Utd 0 - 0 Walsall
- Wimbledon 0 - 0 Mansfield
- Carlisle 1 - 0 Northampton
- Cheltenham 1 - 0 Portsmouth
- Shrewsbury 0 - 0 Morecambe
The Conservative MEP for the West Midlands, Philip Bradbourn, has died at the age of 63 after a short battle with bowel cancer.
Mr Bradbourn, who served in the European Parliament since 1999, was diagnosed shortly after being re-elected in May.
The Prime Minister, David Cameron, says:
Dozens of people in Rugby turned out to protest against plans to build more than 60 new homes on a recreational site and park.
Families with children and dogs joined together at Oakfield Recreation Ground site this morning to show their strength of feeling.
Residents say they are concerned about the impact a housing development would have on traffic and schools, and say it's the only place for their children to play.
In a statement Heart of England Co-operative Society, who own the land, say they are acutely aware of the strength of feeling amongst local residents and say discussions are continuing and, as yet, no planning application has been submitted.
Birmingham Airport is expecting one of its busiest-ever weekends for travellers - with 340,000 passengers expected over the next two weeks.
It comes as the big Christmas getaway goes in full swing and people from across the region are heading off for the festive break.
Here is some more travel information for the festive period:
On the trains
- Passengers are being advised to avoid the West Coast Mainline over the Christmas period as Network Rail continues its improvements.
On the roads
- Motorists are being told to plan their journeys before they set off for the festive period.
Lincoln City Council and Lincolnshire County Council have both announced that further cuts to their funding have been made by Central Government.
City of Lincoln Council says it is facing a 16% reduction in the money it has for next year compared to last. Meanwhile, Lincolnshire County Council says it expects to receive around 14% less funding than last year.
Both councils say they were expecting the cuts and intend to protect frontline services where possible.