A Yellow Met Office warning of snow and ice is in place until 11:00am in certain parts of the region.
A513 Alrewas Road in both directions closed due to serious accident between A515 Yoxall Road / Manor Road and A38 (Alrewas / Tamworth Turn Off).
Police directing traffic and advise the road will be closed for most of the morning.
The following schools will be shut in Staffordshire today due to snow and ice.
- Ball Green Primary
- Bentilee Nursery
- Birches Head High
- Discovery Academy
- Goldenhill Primary School
- Grange Nursery School
- Grove Hamilton Infants
- Hillside Primary School
- Kingsland Nursery School
- Kingsland Primary School
- Maple Court Primary Academy
- Northwood Broom Community School
- Ormiston Horizon Academy
- Sandon High School
- Sandon Primary School
- St Margaret Ward Academy
- St Marks Primary School
- St Peter's Primary Academy School
- Wetley Rocks
- Loxley Hall School
- University Academy Kidsgrove
The following schools in Leicestershire will be shut today due to snow and ice.
- Marriott Primary School
- Ashby School
- Castle Rock High School, Coalville
- Forest Way (Special) School, Coalville
- King Edward VII Science and Sport College, Coalville
- Mercenfeld Primary School, Markfield
- South Charnwood High School
- Thornton Primary School
- Warren Hills Community Primary School, Coalville
Derbyshire County Council say the following schools have shut their doors due to snow and ice.
- Hope Primary School
- Barlow CE Primary School
- Anthony Gell School
- Monyash Primary School
- Chapel-en-le-Frith C E Primary School
- Poolsbrook Primary School
- Dronfield Henry Fanshawe School
- Hilltop Infant and Nursery School
- Grindleford Primary School
- Lady Manners School
- Brookfield Primary School
- Pinxton Kirkstead Junior School
- Parkside Community Junior School
- Alfreton Park Community Special School
- Aldercar Community Language College
- Chinley Primary School
- Furness Vale Primary School
- Ashgate Croft School
- Croft Infant School, Alfreton
- Highfields School, Matlock
- Queen Elizabeth Grammar School in Ashboourne is closed today.
A50 Eastbound closed, queueing traffic due to jackknifed lorry at A518.
Road has now been closed and conditions in the area are extremely treacherous due to ice say police.
15 of the worst bottlenecks on roads in the West Midlands have been tackled over the last three years in a £55 million road improvement programme.
It includes what is often referred to as "the country’s worst traffic bottleneck", the stretch of the M5 in Birmingham heading towards its junction with the M6.
The Highways Agency says another six are due to be completed over the next three months, including junction 6 of the M42 near Birmingham Airport.
A53 Buxton Road closed due to snow between A523 Springfield Road (Leek) and A54 Macclesfield Main Road (Buxton).
Reports of one lane closed and heavy traffic due to accident, lorry and a car involved on M6 Northbound at J10 A454 / B4464 (Wolverhampton / Walsall).
Just over 58,000 children in Leicestershire have been vaccinated with a nasal flu spray.
It is part of a nationwide NHS pilot programme that is in its second year.
There was an uptake of 59% of the flu immunisations, 7% more than the previous year.
Disruption is expected on some East Midlands Trains services this weekend because of improvement work on the main line into St Pancras International.
Network Rail is improving the track and overhead lines between St Pancras and Kentish Town meaning East Midlands Trains will not be able to travel further than West Hampstead and some trains will terminate at Luton on Saturday and Sunday.