Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Two children rescued from fire started by heater

A fire that left two children and their mother in hospital was started by a halogen heater in the bedroom.

The fire service rescued the two children, who were unconscious, from the house in Baskeville Street in Hanley.

The property had no smoke alarms so it is incredibly lucky that the woman realised there was a fire and was able to get the children out of the bedroom and bring them downstairs.

– Al Bateman, Fire investigation Officer,
  • Firefighters from Hanley, Newcastle and Burslem were called to the fire by the children's mother. All three were taken to hospital.