The UK's first ever website dedicated to a single murder investigation has been created to try and find the killers of Alan Wood.
He was found tortured in his home in the hamlet of Lound near Bourne in Lincolnshire in October 2009.
It's hoped the new site will encourage potential witnesses to come forward with any new information on the case.
Many forces have previously set up Facebook pages appealing for information on serious crimes, but Lincolnshire Police say it's the first time a website on a singular investigation has been created.
The site includes:
- A detailed roundup on the circumstances surrounding Alan's death
- A breakdown of gthe investigation including new evidence to date
- Biographical detail on Alan Wood and comments from his family
- Details of the prime suspect and CCTV footage
- Previous television appeals
- A section on the £60,000 reward being offered for information
- An easy to use reporting from so those with information can contact detectives
Detective Superintendent Stuart Morrison said:
– Detective Superintendent Stuart Morrison, Lincolnshire Police
"The aim of this website is to keep the appeal for information on Alan's killers in the public domain and to provide people with an easy and accessible way of reporting things to us.
"It is designed to give visitors an overview of the whole case and a chance to review the main evidence and appeal points.
"We want people in this country and people living abroad to study the investigation details, particularly the CCTV images of the suspect and call us if they think the can help us."
The link to the site is www.alanwoodmurder.com_**