West Midlands Police has announced the bidding companies selected as part of the business partnering for police programme (BPP).
The force made the announcement today with Surrey Police. Both have agreed to proposals to move forward with the BPP process.
- British Telecommunications, Reliance Secure Task Management and Vanguard Consulting
- Capita Business Services
- G4S Care & Justice Services
- Kellogg Brown & Root and IBM United Kingdom
- Logica UK, Amey Community and Northgate Information Solutions
- Serco, HP Enterprise Services, and Accenture
The Chief Constable Chris Sims has insisted the duties that would be contracted as part of the new programme would be to support officers to carry out frontline work by taking over back room tasks such as IT and data management.
The West Midlands force, like others across the Midlands, is facing 20% cuts to budgets. The Chief Constable believes that including the private sector will help save money while improving efficiency.
The force will now begin discussions with the bidders to explore the ideas and innovations that they could bring to policing.