Staff are now hoping that contingency plans put in place from Friday night mean that they are in a stronger position to accommodate all ticket holders going to Silverstone tomorrow.
The circuit has issued the following information for people who plan on coming to Silverstone tomorrow:
Information from Silverstone officials for Sunday 8th July:
- Everyone with a valid ticket for Sunday is encouraged to come to Silverstone.
- Please leave plenty of time to arrive at the circuit and, where possible, travel in 4x4 vehicles, on motorcycles or car share.
- In order to park vehicles safely, fans should be prepared for a longer walk than usual. Please wear sensible shoes and clothing.
- The severe weather conditions over the last weeks and, in particularly, the last 48 hours, has had a significant impact on the public car parks. It will, therefore be more difficult to park on than in previous years.
- Please follow Stewards’ instructions. They will do everything possible to ensure you are parked as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Everyone who has a valid ticket for Sunday entry arriving by foot (campers & people staying in the locality) with pre booked tickets should arrives as normal.
- People with pre-booked Park and Ride passes and tickets should follow directions as sent out and follow instructions from stewards. Please be patient - we are doing our very best and are working hard to get you in.
- Campers must leave cars at the campsites and not bring them to the circuit as they will be turned away.
- Campers should avoid trying to leave the site on Sunday night and stay until Monday morning. This will avoid getting caught up in traffic unnecessarily.
- Hospitality guests should follow instructions as normal, and again be patient with stewards.
- To help stagger traffic exiting the site, please stay behind and enjoy the off-track entertainment, including the post-race Grand Prix Party.