Derby City Council will present a report at a cabinet meeting today, recommending the selection of a preferred contractor for a new £28m sports centre and velodrome.
A planning application for the 156,000 sq ft arena on Pride Park was submitted in January and will feature:
- A 250 metre indoor cycling track and 1.5km outdoor closed cycle circuit
- Fitness and wellbeing facilities
- A sports infield the size of 12 badminton courts
- Catering and hospitality facilities
If the cabinet approve the preferred bidder, the process will move to the next stage of gaining design approval from the Environment Agency.
– Councillor Martin Repton, Cabinet Member for Leisure and Culture
“I am delighted that the Council Cabinet is to consider the report recommending progress to the next stage of this important Olympic legacy project.”