Rescue teams from across the country have arrived in Lincoln to show off their skills in the country's biggest and most prestigious firefighter event. The UK Rescue Challenge will see 130 teams compete in a series of simulated rescues to test their skills in front of visitors to the city.
Over two days the teams will be challenged to save casualties in a range of mock incidents. The main challenge will involve fifty teams competing to rescue casualties from a car crash in 20 minutes.
The tasks they will be required to perform are:
- Road traffic collision: Rescue a casualty from a car crash in 20 minutes.
- Trauma: Provide emergency treatment to a seriously injured casualty.
- Rope: Rescue a casualty from a high building.
- Urban search and rescue: Rescue people from a collapsed structure.
- Water: Rescue a casualty from the water.