An 80 year-old father and his 60 year-old daughter from Tipton's lottery win is the latest in what has been a lucky year for people living in the Midlands.
In total there have already been seven Lotto and EuroMillions wins for the region (two of them unclaimed) with more than £95m won this year:
- 30 September - 80-year-old, Thomas Foden, and his 60-year-old daughter, Irene Harper from Tipton, claimed £3,909,990 in the UK's first quadruple rollover draw.
- 27 July - One of the 100 millionaires tickets guaranteed by the National Lottery remains unclaimed after a ticket was bought in Hodge Hill, Birmingham.
- 5 July - A multi-million pound lottery ticket was unclaimed in Leicester.
- 30 May - Alan and Kim Elliott, from Apley, bought the winning £1m lucky dip ticket for the EuroMillions draw on 23 March and only remembered to check it the week before they claimed it.
- 4 April - Jim Emerton, 56, and his wife Maureen, 55, from Carlton in Nottingham thought it was an April Fool's joke when they found they had scooped £4,449,039 in March.
- 10 February - Cassey Carrington and Matt Topham, both 22 and from Stapleford, took home £45,160,170.50 in February
- 24 January - Gareth and Catherine Bull, from Mansfield, won £40,627,241 in January.