Walsall's Paralympic swimming gold medallist Ellie Simmonds returns home today with an open top bus parade to celebrate her achievements.
17 year-old Simmonds added two golds, a silver and bronze in London 2012 to go with the two golds she won in Beijing four years ago.
Simmonds took gold in the S6 400m and in the S6 200m with world records in both. A postbox was painted gold in her honour in Aldridge.
Details of the tour (starting approximately 12.00pm):
- Simmonds will visit the postbox on Aldridge High Street
- Will visit her former school the Cooper & Jordan C of E School to officially open its re-named swimming pool
- Bus will then travel down Anchor Road and on to Walsall Road and Aldridge Road, coming into Walsall via Lichfield Street at the Arboretum
- The bus will arrive at Walsall Town Hall around 12.45pm - 1pm
- Simmonds will go into the town hall for a question and answer session with invited schools and borough youngsters