1. ITV Report

Man who kidnapped boy previously jailed for kidnapping 13-year-old girl

The flat where the boy was held by Jackson Photo: ITV Central

A court has heard that a man who has admitted kidnapping a 10-year-old boy was jailed in 1983 for kidnapping a 13-year-old girl.

Michael Jackson was described in court today by prosecuting barrister Debi Gould as a dangerous, predatory paedophile.

In November last year, he chased a 10-year-old boy, grabbed him, took him back to his flat and tied him up on a bed with rope.

He had a hammer, a knife and pliers . He threatened to kill the boy, saying:"It's time to die if you make a noise."

He pushed him into an airing cupboard. He then left the flat. The prosecution say he intended to come back and sexually assault the boy.

The boy got out of the airing cupboard in the flat in Oldbury because he needed the toilet. He did not know Jackson had gone out. The boy walked through the flat and found the hammer Jackson left on the bed.

He told police he carried the hammer in the flat in case Jackson came back. The boy got to the window of the flat and caught the attention of a woman who had joined in the search for him after he was reported missing. She called the police.

A police officer and the boy's father went to the flat. The boy jumped into the arms of the police officer. The incident triggered protests outside Jackson's flat by local people concerned about paedophiles.

Jackson has also admitted abducting an 11-year-old girl in the same area several weeks before. He tied her up and took photographs of her and uploaded them on to his computer.

The court heard that Jackson was jailed in 1983 for abducting and tying up a 13-year-old girl. He grabbed her in a lift and took her back to his flat. He tied her up and abused her for half an hour.

Jackson was sexually abused and tied up as a child at home and when he was in care. His father was jailed for having a sexually abusive relationship with a young girl.

He will be sentenced later today at Wolverhampton Crown Court.

His victims have been seriously affected by what happened to them. The mother of the 10-year-old boy says he does not like to go out without his dog. She says she can't talk to him about what happened - the boy only wants to talk to the police officer who rescued him.

The mother of the 11-year-old girl says she never wants to be alone and follows her father everywhere around the house - even when he goes to the bathroom. She's become angry and difficult.